Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Coin transfers - charsheet, partysheet, treasureparcel - how do they work?

In FGU I've noticed that how inventory coin transfers work is very weird - in fact - I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

If I drag an item out of partysheet inventory into a charsheet inventory it puts the item where you dropped it and removed it from where it came from. Great. How I would expect it to work. But drag the coins out? And weird things can happen.

If I drag 10 GP from coin inventory into another coin inventory (must drag from number box) and drop it on another inventories number box I will get 10 with no text - or it will be added to the box regardless if the coin type matches or not.
    If I drag 10 GP from coin inventory into another coin inventory onto its text field - it will put 10 GP if both fields were blank.
    If I drag 10 GP from coin inventory into another coin inventory onto its text field and the text field is blank but the number field already had a number - it will put in 10 GP in the next blank coin slot.
    If I drag 10 GP from coin inventory into another coin inventory onto its number box - it will just add numbers regardless of what the coin text field is.
    If I drag 10 GP from coin inventory into another coin inventory onto another text field it will find the matching text field and add the number into it.

Also the coins are not moved out of the partysheet when they are moved.

This can be very confusing when trying to move out specific amounts of coins to specific destinations. Is there a plan to fix this or is it just the way it is?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Coins are distributed via the distribute button in the DM party sheet. I’m not sure there is any method of moving coins otherwise.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You can drag a number, from chat or any other number field and drop it into the correct coin box and it will add it, but it doesn't have a type so if you drag from GP to the SP field it will not convert (they are just numbers).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Coins are distributed via the distribute button in the DM party sheet. I’m not sure there is any method of moving coins otherwise.
    The distribute() function is a perfect distribution for those currently listed in party sheet. If I don't want an exact distribution I have to manually add and remove each number.

Guess that's just the way it is. I will conform in my latest extension and just make sure the parcel gets its coins sent to party inventory for distribution - or the manual way if going directly to someone. Add it theirs - remove it from parcel/partysheet manually.

If you want to give a player or players a specific amount (or remove a specific amount) create a parcel with the coins (or with negative coin amounts) and drag the parcel onto the player(s) portrait. When the player then drag the parcel into their inventory their coins will be updated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you want to give a player or players a specific amount (or remove a specific amount) create a parcel with the coins (or with negative coin amounts) and drag the parcel onto the player(s) portrait. When the player then drag the parcel into their inventory their coins will be updated.
    So I can have a parcel with negative treasure? I can have someone open up a parcel chest on the map and when they pull coins out they are actually losing coins? Or put back in negative coins so the next person to pull stuff out has negative treasure?

Mind blown! I think I won't mention that particular ability in my extension if its all the same to you

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    So I can have a parcel with negative treasure? I can have someone open up a parcel chest on the map and when they pull coins out they are actually losing coins? Or put back in negative coins so the next person to pull stuff out has negative treasure?

Mind blown! I think I won't mention that particular ability in my extension if its all the same to you
    Before I made my shops extension I made a simple “shop” module with a parcel for each item and the coin value being negative the cost of the item. So when a dm dragged the parcel to a pc it would give them the item and deduct the coins.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Before I made my shops extension I made a simple “shop” module with a parcel for each item and the coin value being negative the cost of the item. So when a dm dragged the parcel to a pc it would give them the item and deduct the coins.
    That's actually a very good application of the negative coin feature. Take something out and it vaporizes the coins for the cost.

When I distribute coins to my players, there are always a few odd coins left in the party sheet. How can I give those leftover coins to the players?

Making a separate, new parcel out of them every time seems like a lot of work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperventilator View Post
    When I distribute coins to my players, there are always a few odd coins left in the party sheet. How can I give those leftover coins to the players?

Making a separate, new parcel out of them every time seems like a lot of work.
    You can convert them to lower coins (FG is not programmed to divide coins into lower denominations/values), or just leave them in the party inventory and then the next time they get coins and you disburse them they will get accounted for.

Or just charge the party a slight fee and delete them

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information