STAR TREK 2d20

How do I create a new character and then export it from FGU?

I just searched for this and could not find the answer, so I wrote it up myself. I am hoping that the next time I search for it, I will find my own post.

How to build and then export a character from FGU
    1. Create a new campaign
    2. Click PC to open the PC selection window.
    3. If you want to make a new character by hand, click add item (green plus).
    4. If you want to make a new character using the Character Wizard, click the wizard (blue star).
    5. If you want to import an old character from a different campaign, click Import (blue arrow up).
    6. Once completed, open up the PC selection window again.
    7. Click edit (white slash in a brown circle)
    8. Click export (blue arrow down) and save the xml file to your computer. Pay attention to where you are saving.

You can now send that xml file to your GM via email attachment or dropping into Discord.

You can also import an new / previusly-made character into a newly-joined campaign by clicking on import in the PC selection window. You will see all the characters that you have created or used so far in Unity. Click the plus sign to add and then the arrow at the bottom of the window to return to the PC selection. You can now select that character.
    Last edited by spoofer; December 29th, 2020 at 21:12.

You should also add to your list that once you create a character in Unity and then join someone's campaign if you click on import in the join screen you will get a list of all the characters you have created in any campaign across all your campaigns in Unity. No need to send anything anywhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I suppose that is the more common approach for experienced players. I needed new players to send me the xml so I could add all of the missing effects to the actions tab.

Thread Information