DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    FG can't center a map that is already centered is why it works that way. The center the map to this location only works if the map can actually center on that location. It can't if it is already full screen - putting it another way you have to be zoomed in so you can't see all of the map image.
    Uhhhh... Did you watch the video I helpfully posted that shows I was doing exactly that?

On the GM side, my map was in a normal window (not maximized), and zoomed way in on one side of the map.
    On the client side, my map was maximized, and zoomed way in on the other side.

Yes, it was full-screen, but yes, it was also zoomed in (not showing the entire image at all) on both the GM and Client side.
    I don't know if my words are being clear enough, hence why I posted the video, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    FG can't center a map that is already centered is why it works that way. The center the map to this location only works if the map can actually center on that location. It can't if it is already full screen - putting it another way you have to be zoomed in so you can't see all of the map image.
    Sarteck means with "maximized" the background mode of the image Not the zoom level When the map is in the background mode, then synchronizing does not work (until one reopens it as Sarteck mentioned in the video)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Sarteck means with "maximized" the background mode of the image Not the zoom level When the map is in the background mode, then synchronizing does not work (until one reopens it as Sarteck mentioned in the video)
    Is that the proper phrase for it? "Background mode?" I'll start using that instead of "Maximized" to avoid confusion.

But yeah, if there's any way the devs could work toward "fixing" that (in quotes because I don't know if it's a bug or intended behavior or what), it would be awesome. Most of my players don't have a lot of screen real estate, so I had been advising them to put the maps into background mode. It's not a game-breaker by any means, but it gets annoying telling them to zoom all the way out and look for a pointer, then zoom back in.

I'm pretty sure that if the map is set to be in the background (by that I mean if the up arrow is pressed once or twice) then sync client view won't work. The only time that this will work is if the image is in a normal window. This is the way it works in Classic and so I don't see it being different in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information