STAR TREK 2d20

Connection Issue - Unauthorized Copy

Hi everyone, I'm trying to connect to my brother's campaign (He has Ultimate liscense)
    He´s been hosting for nearly 4 months without any problem, but when I try to connect, everytime it displays the same message: "Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down".

Can anybody help me,. please!

Thnx in advance

PS: I'm attaching fgu logs and a screenshot of the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi!
    I'm ecsan's brother.
    As he explains, I have been hosting a campaign for the last few months on FGU and none of my other players have experienced connectivity issues whatsoever.

However when ecsan tries to join, he appears as "connected" and inmmediately as "disconnected".

We have unninstalled both clients (his and mine), have him join alone or with other players and by updating passwords on both accounts, but nothing seems to work.

I got my ultimate license via Steam and updated to FGU during the Kickstarter campaign, and as stated before, I've been hosting games since lockdown stated so I'm certain my license is valid and authorized.
    My brother is using a DEMO license, but so are my other players.

If tech support needs further information or needs either ecsan or me to perform tests, we are open to do so.

Regards.
    Holder of a FGC Ultimate License | Holder of a FGU Ultimate License
    Now running: Homebrew Campaign | Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

The logs in post #1 show failures to connect to https://update.fantasygrounds.com and https://server.fantasygrounds.com - the second URL is required to validate the host (GM ultimate license).

Can the player get to either of these URLs through a web browser?
    What security software are they running? This might be blocking the connection.
    Is there any security on the Internet router that might be blocking the connection?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe.
    I'll tell ecsan to check your obseevations.

Thanks, and we'll keep posting any pertinent news.

Hi, thnx for the answer. When I try to open the URL from the browser, everything works allright, but when I use the client i still get the same error. Client is Updated. I have no additional programs running.
    Is there any configuration or setting I should check in my router?

I'm using the program from Argentina, my ISP is Fibertel.

For some reason, the *.fantasygrounds.com web requests coming from the FG application are not completing.

I've seen similar logs for users that have turned on the proxy setting in their Windows Internet Settings without specifying an actual proxy. Can you look to see if the proxy checkbox is turned on, and turn it off?

Regards,
    JPG

Hi everybody!
    Finally, as per Moon Wizard's suggestion, ecsan turned Windows proxy off and he managed to join the campaign I'm hosting.

Thanks for your help.
    This thread can be closed now.

Thread Information