FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Update - Now cant connect

Sooo unsure what changed here, but did update today and now i cant host game. Nothing else on my system has changed so not sure how to proceed. I can load the game no problem but every time i test connection it fails.

We may need more information. Computer updates can change network settings and affect the connection. You might need to go in and check your settings and ensure FG is able to operate open and fully. If it was updating FG, that really shouldn't affect networking components, but it may if the networking code was changed. This is seen common with FGU as more updates are being done. With FGC, it's more about the port forwarding and making sure the router is not blocking communication. Some select internet service providers have added Advanced Security to their systems and it hinders FG. These are broad recommendations as I don't know specifics.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

In windows it seems ok . it is checked to allow private and public through the windows defender firewall, also when I look at my Port forwarding on my modem it seems like nothing has changed....im at a loss lol
    Last edited by Dragontail; September 8th, 2020 at 02:25.

Ok there seems to be a small number that are encountering connection issues related to a recent update within FG. I will be checking to see if it's related to that update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Ok there seems to be a small number that are encountering connection issues related to a recent update within FG. I will be checking to see if it's related to that update.
    Any luck?

There was an update that did cause issue. The one solution was uninstalling the program and doing a fresh install. You can try that and see if it helps. If you fo attempt this, please back up your campaigns and extensions folders before doing so.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Ok, uninstalled - fresh install ...still no go

Are you installing FG Classic or FG Unity?

Also, computers will change IP addresses from time to time; so if you are using FG Classic or FG Unity in LAN mode, make sure you check the port forwarding settings on your Internet modem and/or router to make sure the ports are being forwarded to the "current" internal IP address reported by FG on the launch screen for hosting games.

Regards,
    JPG

Port appears to still be open, and ip address has not changed.
    I have not upgraded to FG Unity yet (still have FG C) - is the connection of fg unity easier?

If the Test Connection button is not working in FG Classic, then the port is not opened correctly to the machine.

FG Unity is still in Early Release (so may have some items that need fixing); but it uses a third party service to facilitate connections between GMs and players. Just select the Cloud option when hosting a campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information