5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Images Not Showing Up in FGU Image Folder

Team FG,
    I have a series of maps I built and saved to my image folder in FGU. Only 4 of the 9 showed up inside the Fantasy Grounds program's Images folder. All are PNG files. They do not exceed 1 MB. I removed them from FG and shut down FG. Relaunched it and reinstalled the files. No luck. So I selected an alternate image (also a PNG) and it showed up fine in the FG Images folder in the program. Any suggestions? Image Help.JPG

Thank you for your time.
    Lee

Can you provide one of the PNG images that is not working?

There is a known limitation that Grayscale mode PNG files are not currently supported. If the image files are in Grayscale, try converting into RGB in an image editing program.

Regards,
    JPG

Mr. Wizard,
    Not to be dumb but what is RGB? Red Blue Green? Here is a copy of one of the files. The others are the same color scheme and they loaded fine.
    Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Indeed, that does look like a grayscale image. And yes, RGB is Red/Green/Blue. You can load up the image in something like GIMP and export it from there in RGB format. I'm not sure if just loading into paint and then exporting as a .jpg file might also work. Or go back to whatever program you created them on and export as .jpg files.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok lemme play with it. Have to rush to a swimming competition for my daughter at moment but will be back to it shortly or tomorrow latest. Cheers.
    BTW I love Scotland. My family descends from thereabouts and I was fortunate enough to spend a few weeks traveling around in a caravan (OMG the roads are a tad tight whilst venturing in one of them behemoths!)

Blog Entries
    That image is in the RGB color space (8 bit) already.

But I have saved it as a JPG. Try this and see if it helps/resolves the issue.

Omicron Pylon Passenger and Customs.jpg

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    BTW I love Scotland. My family descends from thereabouts and I was fortunate enough to spend a few weeks traveling around in a caravan (OMG the roads are a tad tight whilst venturing in one of them behemoths!)
    Nonsense. Plenty of room for a caravan

Bealach na Ba.jpg
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    Seems like it would be pretty slow...
    1bdce5013118efabb9cff6320df90968.jpg

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post

Negative. No joy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post

Here is an image I successfully imported and it loads in FG just fine. (Omicron 19 Cargo Bay)
    Here is a similar image that I try to import and while it does appear in the FG image file folder of windows, when searched for in the images list of FG in the assets window it does not appear at all. (Omicron Area SPA offices)

The two images seem to have essentially the same specs. Note: in my list of images that are in FG Assets I have a mix of both JPG and PNGs, both types are operating fine. So that seems to rule out the need to use one over the other (I am operating FGU if that matters).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information