FG Spreadshirt Swag

Steam Purchases only showing in Unity if I run Classic first

Couldn't find another thread on this topic so starting this one. I recently purchased the upgrade in Steam to the Unity version. I made a purchase of the map pack that went on sale this week, and I keep running the updater in Unity but it wasn't downloading. I decided to run classic, and sure enough the purchase was acknowledged and the updater downloaded the content. When I ran Unity afterwards it also picked up the purchase. This is fine for now, but whatever link between steam and FG exists should reflect the purchase for both versions. At some point I will want to uninstall the classic version.

I bought Unity and an Ultimate license. I have never had FG Classic. The Ultimate license is running fine. I just bought CoC7E ruleset, Down Darker Trails, Pulp Cthulhu, and the Investigator's Handbook. I can not get them to load or see them in my library under Unity in Steam. I have linked my Steam account to Unity, but they don't show up after refreshing. They show up as in my steam library if I go to the DLC purchase page for FG in Steam and look them up. How do I get them to load into unity? I really don't want to buy FG Classic.
    Last edited by Filthbeard; September 17th, 2020 at 17:39.

Blog Entries
    Hello Filthbeard and OnyxDT,

I see purchases for you both from your Steam accounts. When you say that it doesn't show up, can we verify exactly what you mean?

1. After linking your account (which has been done), you should run an Update in FGU
    2. You should see it download new products. These are normally stored in your vault folder for FGU
    3. You choose to Create a new Campaign, you can select the ruleset in question. For Call of Cthulhu, it will be COC7E
    4. Once loaded, you go to Library > Modules to activate any adventures or reference manuals you want to use for this campaign
    5. Any Image Asset Packs will automatically load and will be available under the Assets window

If you don't see this, can you post a screenshot of what you see on the Create Campaign screen?

Hi ddavison,

Thank you for the quick response. I used the updater and it updated unity. Then I redid the steam refresh and then did the updater again. The new rulesets were detected and loaded. I actually did this the first time, not sure why doing it twice caused it to work. I still can't see them in the Steam library, but they do now work in Unity.

Well I can't do anything unless I purchase something new because I already resolved the issue with my workaround. But what happens is when I run update in FGU, it doesn't update the number of purchased products. I had bought OOTA and the Map Pack 1 and it showed 55 products purchased consistently whenever I ran the update. I loaded Classic, ran the updater, and it showed 57 products and downloaded the two new ones. When I went back to Unity, it showed 57 products, and downloaded the two new ones. So I would say the problem is in your updater in Unity and how it checks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDT View Post
    Well I can't do anything unless I purchase something new because I already resolved the issue with my workaround. But what happens is when I run update in FGU, it doesn't update the number of purchased products. I had bought OOTA and the Map Pack 1 and it showed 55 products purchased consistently whenever I ran the update. I loaded Classic, ran the updater, and it showed 57 products and downloaded the two new ones. When I went back to Unity, it showed 57 products, and downloaded the two new ones. So I would say the problem is in your updater in Unity and how it checks.
    There was a known problem with that at one point and a fix was pushed for this. It is certainly possible that the fix didn't completely work. Please let us know if you see this again. In the meantime, I have forwarded it over to our dev who handles that.

Thread Information