DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issues with Minimum/Negative weapon damage rolls. PFRPG

Hello,

I hope this is the right spot to put this issue.

This is for the PFRPG ruleset using FG Unity.

When a player rolls a weapon damage roll and does minimum damage, it is adding it as subdual damage.

If a player does negative damage it is healing the target.

In pathfinder, a weapon should do a minimum of 1 damage, and it is lethal.

Don't recall having this issue in the classic version. But first time I really had a 1d4-3 weapon attack

[DAMAGE (M)] Rapier [EFFECTS +1] [MIN DAMAGE] [TYPE: piercing,nonlethal (1)] <-- Is what I see for the minimum damage roll.

Hopefully this can be looked into, or maybe I am missing/not seeing some flag I can add.

Thanks,

-Elaith

Ok for the nonlethal damage - I noticed it did just a flat 1d4 roll and rolled a 1, instead of the 1d4-3 roll - so not sure why it occasionally is changing up the damage.
    Last edited by Elaith; September 17th, 2020 at 03:47.

Could not find at time of posting, but here is a negative damage attack:
    [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [EFFECTS +1] [TYPE: 1d3 (-1)] (did -1 point)
    Heal [1] -> [to Blime]

Ok, did some more testing. When it does nonlethal, seems like the damage die is not always correct. I do 1d4-3 damage on norm, I have a +1 damage effect. So should be 1d4-2, I rolled another damage roll that gave nonlethal and showed 1d4-1.
    [DAMAGE (M)] Rapier [EFFECTS +1] [MIN DAMAGE] [TYPE: piercing,nonlethal (1)] (1d4-1 / rolled a 2).

I do see it does occationally roll 1 damage as lethal, but other times it does the nonlethal, so I am not sure what is going on. This is all from the same hotbar action. So not sure if the hotbar slot is messing up or not.

Ok, the healing part has been solved. *sigh* player typed a d3 in the damage (so was not actually rolling a d3), just added the -2 for strength. I helped her correct that, and seems to have resolved that problem. (Sorry for the issue there.) However - subdual is still showing up. I even rolled a crit (2d4-4) and it showed up as subual (which is sad, I know).

Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    When a player rolls a weapon damage roll and does minimum damage, it is adding it as subdual damage.
    This is correct, as per the "Minimum Damage" rules.

See here: https://www.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Na...t%20Statistics
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wowsers, thank you for pointing that one out. Not sure I ever noticed that one. But I rarely play weaker characters. Thank you for the reply. Everything back to normal.

Thread Information