DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What is supposed to be automated?

I don't understand what is and isn't supposed to be automated in FG. I slide barbarian over onto a character sheet but that doesn't give him the ability to rage. In fact, there is no rage special ability or spell. When you slide over cleric it doesn't give you channel energy as an action. Do I have to manually add these numbers and such?

Note: This is with the core rules, I own no other pathfinder content other than the core rule book. If automation was implemented further for these things I would buy another book if needed.

The in play automations are added to the Actions tab and need to be done manually. There are several excellent community extensions that you can add to your system for free that allow this to be done.

I would check with Fantasy Grounds College to see if they offer a class in Effects (a.k.a Automation). You can also just play around with the Effects yourself. I started with a simple effect for Sneak Attack damage and just expanded from there. It's not tough once you do a couple.

What timezone are you in? If we can work out a time, I'd be happy to show you how I do them, via Discord (disclaimer - I am still learning this stuff too)

Edit: There are a bunch of effects listed in this post. First on the list is Rage
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

There are really good free classes at FG College that will really help you with this along with some videos on YouTube that will assist you in this!!! The extensions are very effective...

Quote Originally Posted by mhossom View Post
    The in play automations are added to the Actions tab and need to be done manually. There are several excellent community extensions that you can add to your system for free that allow this to be done.

I would check with Fantasy Grounds College to see if they offer a class in Effects (a.k.a Automation). You can also just play around with the Effects yourself. I started with a simple effect for Sneak Attack damage and just expanded from there. It's not tough once you do a couple.

What timezone are you in? If we can work out a time, I'd be happy to show you how I do them, via Discord (disclaimer - I am still learning this stuff too)

Edit: There are a bunch of effects listed in this post. First on the list is Rage
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library
    I am in CDT. I would love some help figuring this stuff out. I had a session zero and realized just how much I don't know about the program, and when the players were making their character sheet I was having to work on doing the automation for their characters. My Discord username is Revierie#1337

First, I would suggest going to this website and then go to the Discord channel for FG College....tons of us there to assist....

https://fantasygroundscollege.net/

You can msg me if you need more help with getting the help your looking for.

There are also a lot of extensions that can further automate things, but I'd recommend starting with no extensions or very minimal extensions so that you understand the core program before modifying it.

Thread Information