DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Splitting of the 3.5e and PF1 forums

Hi

I see that the forums of 3.5e and PF1 are now separated, together with their stickied threads Is there the possibility to mirror threads? At least for the stickied threads? Like having the same stickied threads in both subforums, and when one is updated then also the other immediately

The problem I see is that it can be now confusing for new people, they may just look into one of the two forums although both rulesets are so similar that all modules, extensions etc. can be used in both rulesets

When it is not possible to mirror the threads, then it is not so bad; maybe a general sticky saying that one should also look into the other forum for modules or something like this For people already used to the forums it is no problem, but I think this can be now very confusing for new people searching for modules

Best,

Kelrugem

I'd just leave it as a single forum (since pf and 3.5 are pretty much the same), but I would require for people to add a tag with either [3.5] or [PF] at the start of the title just in case the topic refers to either specific version.

Also because so many extensions actually work for both; having'em all in one forum would probably be faster to check

I think technically the extensions are supposed to be in Armory, but as there isn't a filter or standardized tagging many people post in the ruleset-specific forum (myself included).
    Both of Kelrugem's suggestions seem like good approaches although there may also be merit in a standardized way to organize the armory (tags have a lot of promise but rely on people using the same spellings, tenses, etc).

The sticky approach would definitely be the least labor intensive

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I think technically the extensions are supposed to be in Armory, but as there isn't a filter or standardized tagging many people post in the ruleset-specific forum (myself included).
    Both of Kelrugem's suggestions seem like good approaches although there may also be merit in a standardized way to organize the armory (tags have a lot of promise but rely on people using the same spellings, tenses, etc).

The sticky approach would definitely be the least labor intensive
    Yeah, that is right, I always found the armory too confusing to search for when there is no real filtering for rulesets

The problem is that PF1/3.5e has not a dedicated moderator updating these stickied threads at the moment (other rulesets are sometimes moderated by the dedicated developer and therefore way more up-to-date, or 5e has Zacchaeus who is very active ) such that we always need to ask some of the moderators about doing that (or when we create a new thread, we cannot sticky it)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 17th, 2020 at 00:21.

I’ve copied over the extensions thread so it’s the same in both sub forums. I’m not aware of a way to mirror threads but if you let me know when or if something should be added to a sticky then I can do that on a case by case basis.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I’ve copied over the extensions thread so it’s the same in both sub forums. I’m not aware of a way to mirror threads but if you let me know when or if something should be added to a sticky then I can do that on a case by case basis.
    Cool, thank you very much Zacchaeus :))

Thread Information