12 32.43%
  • Has some info...

19 51.35%
  • Needs updated

2 5.41%
  • Updated and helpful

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Lightbulb Here's an idea, Fill out the profile....

I've been using the software and site for 4 years and every time I look at someones profile on here, it is blank.
    No one takes the opportunity to list;

How familiar they are with using FG software,
    What kind of player or DM they are.
    What game systems they prefer,
    Campaigns they have completed,
    Type of playstyle,

This is basic stuff. Not your most darkest secrets, you can keep those. Just consider what people could benefit from knowing; regarding how you approach the game, what your expectations are as a player or DM.
    It's an idea.

Jerrie

I had not idea you could do a poll on here. Neat.

I have stuff in my profile. No idea if I would call it helpful though.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I'll tell you, it isn't. You have no bio, there's nothing to indicate the type of games you have played, or want to play. You don't indicate your level of experience with FG software or how you play TTRPGs online. It's not difficult stuff.
    About Granamere

Location:USAInterests:Games, writing and photographyOccupation:Sysadmin

There isn't any info to indicate your interest, experience, or what you want to do or get from the hobby of ttrpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    I had not idea you could do a poll on here. Neat.

I have stuff in my profile. No idea if I would call it helpful though.

Sweet I am useless!
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Blog Entries
    That sounds like a great idea for those looking to join a game or host a game of their own.

I was guilty of this myself. ... until 10 minutes ago. I mostly DM and I type way to much on my LFG posts giving details about my game and what I am aiming to achieve with it, etc. At any rate its a good idea to update the profiles. Thanks for the reminder.

The problem I've had is most groups do not finish a campaign. Why? They are BADLY matched. People do not advertise or even understand what they bring to a session of play. So by considering certain attributes, or limitations, people are able to form groups that will have higher chances of game completion, thus raising satisfaction with the FG software. Lack of information between players, dms, and even other players = higher degrees of group game failure, and dis-use of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    That sounds like a great idea for those looking to join a game or host a game of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    I was guilty of this myself. ... until 10 minutes ago. I mostly DM and I type way to much on my LFG posts giving details about my game and what I am aiming to achieve with it, etc. At any rate its a good idea to update the profiles. Thanks for the reminder.
    FYI... this guy has been my DM, he is a good DM, You'd be lucky to have him as your DM.

The poll could use more votes.

Good Day Jerrie
    I have my profile blank. Only because I use FG to connect with real life friends and I am not looking to DM for or join another group. That might be the case for others who recently joined during this time of social distancing. But if someone is looking to join groups it is a great idea.

Thread Information