STAR TREK 2d20

Items identified and not identified

How does this feature work. If I want to keep an item's abilities secret from the players until it is identified how does this work?

Thanks

So you can see it yourself launch another instance of Fantasy grounds and connect into your own server as long as you are not running the demo version.

Different items will have different levels on information presented. So like a sword plus 1 if unidentified will say something like a fine sword so they do not know much about it. As soon as you identify it they know everything.

A ruby though unidentified I think says gem or something like that. For those I leave them unidentified because as soon as you identify them they see the gp value of the item. If they have a dwarf in the party or someone whos background would give them a good idea how much the gems are valued then I would flipped them to identified. If they ask questions about the gem I will tell them color and size. The players then can change the text of gem to Red walnut sized gem.

I hope this helps.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBazz View Post
    How does this feature work. If I want to keep an item's abilities secret from the players until it is identified how does this work?

Thanks
    If you unlock the item you will see two fields at the top non-id name and notes. If you put a name into the non-id box and a description into the notes box you can then click the unidentified button at the top right. Whan you share the item with your players they will only see the non-id name and description until the item is identified and you toggle the id button. If you don't put anything in these boxes the players will see 'Unidentified Item' as the only name and description if the item is set as unidentified. This applies to items and NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you unlock the item you will see two fields at the top non-id name and notes. If you put a name into the non-id box and a description into the notes box you can then click the unidentified button at the top right. Whan you share the item with your players they will only see the non-id name and description until the item is identified and you toggle the id button. If you don't put anything in these boxes the players will see 'Unidentified Item' as the only name and description if the item is set as unidentified. This applies to items and NPCs.
    So why when I create Items does this feature seem to work backwards. the items default to ID (green). I have to Change the ID to Non-ID for players to read the descriptions.

You've posted in a 3 year old thread that probably isn't relevant to the issue you are having. Please post a new thread in the House of Healing forum, and include a screen clip of the window where you are seeing this. (In Windows, use Windows key plus Shift+S shortcut)

Also, make sure that you don't have any extensions loaded, or try with them turned off.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information