DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Pre-Gen Iseph has Sense Motive -1 - ???

So, I've been walking through the Character Creation process using FGU, and I think I've got all the Skills, Abilities, and Feats all correct and adding Insight Bonuses and Ranks correctly.

But for the Life of me, I cannot figure out how Iseph ends up with a Sense Motive of -1.

Help?

Xml?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

No, this is based on the Pre-Gen Iseph PDF downloaded from Paizo. I'm walking through the Character Creation process using the FGU GUI.

Flat affect racial trait -2 / +1 Insight for Class

Madman..
    Last edited by madman; September 16th, 2020 at 06:27.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Yes, that's true, but here's my quandary.

Wis Bonus (+0) + Class Skill (+1) + Flat Effect (-2) = -1

Here's a picture of what I have - What's wrong with it? All the other Skill Bonuses work out except this one.

Something's not right - because the math isn't working out.

Addendum: There are other Skill Bonuses that aren't right either like: Culture, Disguise, Medicine, Piloting (even though it looks right,) and Survival.

It appears to have to do with the Ranks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 16th, 2020 at 15:11.

Maybe what I don't understand are the check boxes next to each Skill on the left. I had thought they represented Show on Mini and Class Skill, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the Class Skill Flag.

Trained Class Skill??

I don't think I understand what the difference is between a Class Skill(+1) and a Trained Class Skill(+3). What determines if it's trained or not? Certainly not Rank (+1)
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; September 16th, 2020 at 15:47.

OK. I THINK I've got it now.

It turns out, reverse engineering the Pre-Gen's Skills and Bonuses is a bit of a fiddle. Evidently, you need to allocate the Skill Ranks BEFORE the Class Skill Bonuses (otherwise, you can't change the Ranks.)

I figured out where I needed the Ranks, then applied the Class Skill Bonuses by checking the boxes in the Bonus Window, then go back and click "[Trained] Class Skill" check boxes for each skill that HAS a rank.

Is this how y'all do it?

Looking at that skills tab it is hard to tell. Flat affect is a racial -2 (Ra). you should only have two free skills (Acrobatics, Stealth) I am not sure what level your version of Iseph is though.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by Tuleen Donai View Post
    OK. I THINK I've got it now.

It turns out, reverse engineering the Pre-Gen's Skills and Bonuses is a bit of a fiddle. Evidently, you need to allocate the Skill Ranks BEFORE the Class Skill Bonuses (otherwise, you can't change the Ranks.)

I figured out where I needed the Ranks, then applied the Class Skill Bonuses by checking the boxes in the Bonus Window, then go back and click "[Trained] Class Skill" check boxes for each skill that HAS a rank.

Is this how y'all do it?

No, you cannot have more free and purchased ranks in a skill than you do levels. So at first level, you can have either a free rank or a purchased rank, not both.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

So I can tell you why there is a +2 in your "wrong" character sheet. You have the +0 from Wis you have +1 from skill ranks (in this case apparently a free skil rank) then you get +3 because its a class skill with at least one skill rank (free or not doesn't matter here) and then you have the -2 from androids (which btw should go into racial bonuses and not insight) adding up to be a +2.
    But as Madman pointed out you did the free skill ranks wrong from the ground up. Hopefully you've been able to fix it

Thread Information