DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or...

After finishing my last campaign, I decided to swap our group over to FGU from FG finally. I have one player who cannot connect out of our group of four. I am running on an ultimate license, all others are free. He is the only one who cannot connect and has issues.

The error he is getting is "Authorization failed: The host is running an unauthorized copy, or authorization server is down."

I've seen a few people have that issue here, but I haven't seen a solution that would help us yet. He says he is updated and I asked him to send me his logs. I have attached the given logs.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you have your player check their Internet Settings in Windows 10?

A previous user who encountered the same error had the proxy option checked in their Internet Settings; and found this:
    "He was set to use a proxy, but nothing was in the proxy host field."

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Welcome. One other difference, though I would think it would appear during install, is FGC is supported on Windows 7, FGU requires Windows 8+.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

While that has come up in a previous similar issue, the logs that @Old Man Russ provided show that the player is using Windows 10. I actually searched the forums to find the answer; since that specific proxy error has come up once before as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Just an update. Sorry, I forgot to come back. Fixing the proxy settings worked. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Russ View Post
    Just an update. Sorry, I forgot to come back. Fixing the proxy settings worked. Thank you very much!
    And how do we fix the proxy settings?

Quote Originally Posted by alainl View Post
    And how do we fix the proxy settings?
    Welcome to FG.

That would be something you should Google I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Fyi

For anyone still having this issue in 2023, having the demo user run FGU as administrator can also help.

Thread Information