Time Zone: UTC - 4PM till 6PM.
    Game day: Every Sunday
    Game system used: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Voice: Discord Server (voice)
    Player slots free: 3/6

Starts on Sunday 1st November 2020
    Over the Wine-Dark Sea - Battlestar Galactica (2004) campaign
    The campaign starts 1 year prior to the start of the T.V. Series
    Characters will be ordinary citizens of the 12 colonies making their way in the world
    but will gradually be drawn into larger events as the story progresses.

New to DMing Traveller
    Last edited by paub; September 17th, 2020 at 10:43.

Hello I would love to play, will it be the old Battlestar galactica or the new version?
    My down side is that I will be a hit or miss if I am able to play (I could be an alt or a stand in) I have a game on Sunday and not sure if the family would put up with eating most of the Sunday playing, Unless my 7 year old (must be language appropriate for her) can play then it can be a much easier sell as a full time game.
    I do have the core and supply catalogue books. Just PM me to let me know or if you have any questions.
    And if I am picked how do you want to do character creation? Such as what tech level, do you want everyone from the Navy or some other career or perhaps no military careers at all. Min and max terms of service before mustering out. etc. Trying to get a feel of what you have in mind for starting characters.
    Will the game sessions only be two hours long. I am in the PST so your start time is 9am for me which works just fine.
    Thank You

I would be interested in this game.
    Editing the Matrix through a black and white kaleidoscope of grey.

Hi Lawdog, I'll take your questions in turn:
    1) New version
    2) Due to the nature of online gaming the players can have a range of ages/backgrounds and attitudes. I don't particularly know the players that well (at least at the start) and have no ability to moderate or control what is done or said in the game - except retrospectively. I think then it's probably not suitable for children to play. I do GM for my own daughters but I tend to do this offline and with known people for safety reasons.
    3) I would say if you are struggling to fit the time in then it's probably not for you - I'm intending it to be a long running campaign (months) and the story will build, so you will be jumping in and out and missing parts, which will lessen the enjoyment for you
    4) Tech level varies up to level 12, but BSG doesn't always map exactly to the TL in the core rule book
    5) Any character class is allowed. The idea of the game is that everything is 'normal' for the first year. After that things might change for the characters
    6) Yes the game sessions will be about 2 hours long. This might run over if everyone is willing and there's something just to finish off, but the intention is 2 hours.

Kind regards,
    Paul
    Last edited by paub; September 27th, 2020 at 20:19.

Thank you for your response, At this this time with my other game going, adding another game will just not work for the family right now. But thank you.
    I do have a question for you to think about. If I could add you to my contacts? Then if something happened to my other game, would you consider letting me jump in (rolling up a character or taking over an NPC). Or would you let me just listen in on the game? It is just a thought and I am just looking for options.
    I love the Traveller game concept and mixing it with BSG is a great idea that I would like to be apart of.

Thank you again,
    Robert

Hello Paub
    I am interested in playing in this game and am familiar with the BSG setting
    My only concern is that I am new to tabletop RPG's in general and have not played this ruleset at all so may need some help
    Please let me know if this is a dealbreaker
    Thank you

Thread Information