DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Ruleset bug

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for sticking with this. Your simple example has allowed me to understand what you are saying; and helped me pinpoint what is happening. It's not that the extensions are forcing implicit binding; it's the fact that the script "file references" appear to be getting overwritten when merging window classes.

Originally, I assumed that this was something FGU-related (because that's what I'm mostly focused on); but this one actually appears to be the other way around and inherited from FGC. It has been that way for many years, which makes this a little more complex. Window class merges were added on top of the original system, which didn't need to worry about script file reference merges (i.e. extensions originally had to fully define window class replacements).

I'm actually surprised that this hasn't come up more; but I think that the very specific circumstances (extension only, multiple merge window class, scripts, load order) and the default ruleset file load prevented it from being that big of an issue most of the time.

I'll look into what I can do; but it will take client updates on both FGC and FGU to address.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yep the FGC also gives a better 'error' message which jumps the console page out.... while FGU gives less information and only a warning, so you dont get a console pop-out so hard to realise that an issue happened...

so can we have the extra info in the error message and get both fgc and fgu giving an error message ? ( That pops the console out... as i think not loading scrip is a serious error !! )

-pete

did some of this issue get resolved ?

On a quick test the reported missing file seems to be ok, but I now get FGU calling my onInit but FGC still does not call the onInit. ( I checked the the both.zip process. )

thanks Pete.

This is fixed in FGU; and will be available in the next release cycle for FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information