5E Character Create Playlist

Mask for players' map of Chult (ToA, 5E)

I've recently started running a game using the excellent Tomb of Annihilation module available from the FG store. However, there was one thing that seemed to be missing - a masked map of Chult for the players to use while exploring the country's interior. This is a key part of the adventure, and it seemed perfectly suited to FG's built-in map masking tools - it just needed the initial mask, hiding the unexplored interior of the map. So I decided to make one myself, and thought I'd share the mask with the community, in case it's useful to anyone else.

I wasn't able to access the maps in the module, of course, so I bought the Chult map pack from Mike Schley's website for a few dollars. I cropped the full players' map down to the same sort of size as the maps in the module and popped a mask on it. I then edited the mask using GIMP so the the hidden areas matched the version of the map the players are given to start with.

It wouldn't be right for me to share Mike Schley's map, only my own mask - so you'll have to get your own version of the underlying map and match it to the size of my one. The mask and map are both 2600 pixels high by 1919 pixels wide. I cropped the map to just outside the second border line (like the ones in the module). The vertical distance between the top of the highest hex in which the 'C' of "Chult" sits and the bottom of the hex into which the first 'a' of "Great Sea" protrudes is 2268 pixels.

I hope someone else can make use of this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information