Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I must have posted this on another thread, but the issue turned out to be anti-virus software removing write permissions from the application directory. We released an update that detects the issue and attempts to fix it, but if you are running one of the more persistent anti-virus programs you may have to add exceptions for the FGU install directory. You can find the updated installer on the downloads page.
    Hi,
    I am one of the two players, who were mentioned by Infirmus.
    The program worked after installing it, but now I should do an update to play. The problem is that after clicking on "checking for updates" fantasy gounds unity closes, but the updater does not start. The folder is already an exception in my antivirus program. Also when I try to start the updater directly I cannot click on any button.
    I am posting this on this thread because I am not sure if it is a related problem or a totally different one. Also another player has the same anti-virus program as I do and FGU works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaK View Post
    Hi,
    I am one of the two players, who were mentioned by Infirmus.
    The program worked after installing it, but now I should do an update to play. The problem is that after clicking on "checking for updates" fantasy gounds unity closes, but the updater does not start. The folder is already an exception in my antivirus program. Also when I try to start the updater directly I cannot click on any button.
    I am posting this on this thread because I am not sure if it is a related problem or a totally different one. Also another player has the same anti-virus program as I do and FGU works fine.
    Can you download the latest installer from the download page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe) and try reinstalling?

Three of my players have the same issue. We worked around it by running the updates / installation in Windows Safe Mode. But now they can't install new updates. They all end up in the license key window and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantanalas View Post
    Three of my players have the same issue. We worked around it by running the updates / installation in Windows Safe Mode. But now they can't install new updates. They all end up in the license key window and that's it.
    More than likely their antivirus software is removing the write permissions on the installation directory. Have them add exceptions and reinstall using the latest installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe)

For the last week we tried installing FGU on several PCs and we all ran into the same problem. Only installing/updating in Windows Safe Mode worked. Disabling all antivirus software did not work. It's quite frustrating and a hassle to get FGU running at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantanalas View Post
    For the last week we tried installing FGU on several PCs and we all ran into the same problem. Only installing/updating in Windows Safe Mode worked. Disabling all antivirus software did not work. It's quite frustrating and a hassle to get FGU running at all.
    I worked around it by copy/past the Fantasy Grounds folder from a player, who already did the updates. That works as well. It is just a bit annoying to do this detour.

I'm pretty sure this problem has been solved .. but if you still run into it, download the latest installer and try again.

Thread Information