5E Character Create Playlist

Tileset Occluder/LOS issue

G'day there. I don't know what I have done to get this error/glitch.
    See Image Image 1.png
    I have created 2 tilesets following Doug's Youtube video instructions on how to create Tilesets.
    After creating, I have tested them and noticed errors in the LOS with some of the tiles.
    Of my 2 sets of tiles created (both in seperate campaigns) about 4 tiles per set of about 30 have the error occur.

Ruleset is 4E d&d and tested in 4 campaigns, including a 5E d&d campaign.
    Newly FGU created campaign
    No extensions used
    No Modules loaded
    PC has been restarted.
    Windows 10

Sorry if this is a known issue.(Did search in the forums )
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day there. I don't know what I have done to get this error/glitch.
    See Image Image 1.png
    I have created 2 tilesets following Doug's Youtube video instructions on how to create Tilesets.
    After creating, I have tested them and noticed errors in the LOS with some of the tiles.
    Of my 2 sets of tiles created (both in seperate campaigns) about 4 tiles per set of about 30 have the error occur.

Ruleset is 4E d&d and tested in 4 campaigns, including a 5E d&d campaign.
    Newly FGU created campaign
    No extensions used
    No Modules loaded
    PC has been restarted.
    Windows 10

Sorry if this is a known issue.(Did search in the forums )
    Cheers
    Did you move the tiles while you were creating the LoS before using the extraction programme? When you create the image entry for an asset, then never move that tile, otherwise you see the shift as in your image (because when LoS is combined with an asset later on, then it assumes that the corresponding asset is it is original position; the asset with LoS can then be moved of course after that process. That is also outlined in the wiki )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Did you move the tiles while you were creating the LoS before using the extraction programme? When you create the image entry for an asset, then never move that tile, otherwise you see the shift as in your image (because when LoS is combined with an asset later on, then it assumes that the corresponding asset is it is original position; the asset with LoS can then be moved of course after that process. That is also outlined in the wiki )
    I would like to think I didn't
    But that would be a nice simple explanation.
    I'll do some more investigating with that in mind. Cheers

I would like to think I didn't
    But that would be a nice simple explanation.
    I'll do some more investigating with that in mind. Cheers
    Good luck with finding the cause

Good luck with finding the cause
    OK, so I have played around for a while, examining my LOS images.
    I haven't modified any of my base LOS images.
    I reexported the occluder data and made a new module.
    When testing in another campaign I have this LOS image. Image 1.png
    So I go back into my original LOS image to have a look I see this Image 2.png
    That is the only tile out of all the LOS images that has an issue.(When tested that is. The original seems fine)
    I don't know why the final image (image 1) now has 4 LOS baked in.

Now I am totally confused as to why it is happening.
    To reiterate: I haven't changed any LOS data in my original campaign. I just reexported, after checking the occluder images in my original campaign.

OK, so I have played around for a while, examining my LOS images.
    I haven't modified any of my base LOS images.
    I reexported the occluder data and made a new module.
    When testing in another campaign I have this LOS image. Image 1.png
    So I go back into my original LOS image to have a look I see this Image 2.png
    That is the only tile out of all the LOS images that has an issue.(When tested that is. The original seems fine)
    I don't know why the final image (image 1) now has 4 LOS baked in.

Now I am totally confused as to why it is happening.
    To reiterate: I haven't changed any LOS data in my original campaign. I just reexported, after checking the occluder images in my original campaign.
    Yes, but did you check whether the base LoS images were correct? I mean, you cannot check this because how do you check whether or not your base LoS images were correctly created? When you ever happened to move the image in your base LoS image, then you get this problem As described in the wiki: Add the asset to the images&maps list, and never ever move that tile in the base LoS image But when you did this mistake, then a re-export will not help When you accidentally moved your tile in the creation of the base LoS image, then you won't be able to see that you did this mistake Therefore I am confused about, what you mean with that you checked your base LoS images?

Better try this: Completely redo the base LoS images and never move the tiles while you are creating the base LoS images When I am right about the mistake, then you need to redo them nevertheless; a re-export can sadly not help in that regard :/

EDIT: I think I now know where the confusion comes from. The base LoS images will be always correctly displayed. I was not speaking about that you were moving the tile without the LoS such that you would have seen a displacement in the base LoS image. I wanted to say: When you move the base LoS image with its LoS (or before you create the LoS etc), then you also get this problem This is what is happening: The LoS is saved as coordinates in your module later, it will take the coordinates you save, so, the original ones of the base LoS image. But the image will always be placed in the origin of coordinates in your module as an asset, regardless whether or not you have moved it in your base LoS image That implies, that the image file will have fixed coordinates in your module (as an asset; since assets are not really images&maps for FG, it will always assume that the asset is "in the origin"). (Of course you can freely place it on the map later)

So, any displacement done in the base LoS image will not be accounted for the image file, but for the LoS the displacement will be accounted. Leading to that the total result looks like it looks in your image Therefore never ever move any of your image tiles in the base LoS image Or in other words: Only the coordinates of the LoS get extracted, but not of the image file itself such that this can happen when you moved it
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 14th, 2020 at 15:30.

Yes, but did you check whether the base LoS images were correct? I mean, you cannot check this because how do you check whether or not your base LoS images were correctly created? When you ever happened to move the image in your base LoS image, then you get this problem As described in the wiki: Add the asset to the images&maps list, and never ever move that tile in the base LoS image But when you did this mistake, then a re-export will not help When you accidentally moved your tile in the creation of the base LoS image, then you won't be able to see that you did this mistake Therefore I am confused about, what you mean with that you checked your base LoS images?

Better try this: Completely redo the base LoS images and never move the tiles while you are creating the base LoS images When I am right about the mistake, then you need to redo them nevertheless; a re-export can sadly not help in that regard :/

EDIT: I think I now know where the confusion comes from. The base LoS images will be always correctly displayed. I was not speaking about that you were moving the tile without the LoS such that you would have seen a displacement in the base LoS image. I wanted to say: When you move the base LoS image with its LoS (or before you create the LoS etc), then you also get this problem This is what is happening: The LoS is saved as coordinates in your module later, it will take the coordinates you save, so, the original ones of the base LoS image. But the image will always be placed in the origin of coordinates in your module as an asset, regardless whether or not you have moved it in your base LoS image That implies, that the image file will have fixed coordinates in your module (as an asset; since assets are not really images&maps for FG, it will always assume that the asset is "in the origin"). (Of course you can freely place it on the map later)

So, any displacement done in the base LoS image will not be accounted for the image file, but for the LoS the displacement will be accounted. Leading to that the total result looks like it looks in your image Therefore never ever move any of your image tiles in the base LoS image Or in other words: Only the coordinates of the LoS get extracted, but not of the image file itself such that this can happen when you moved it
    MMmm, will try this. Thanks for the info.
    I'm still confused that the error (my mistake in creation) is different in my last post than what I posted initially. It should be the same error surely, considering I haven't made any changes to it.
    Cheers

MMmm, will try this. Thanks for the info.
    I'm still confused that the error (my mistake in creation) is different in my last post than what I posted initially. It should be the same error surely, considering I haven't made any changes to it.
    Cheers
    That is true, I think But for this I would need the module

But worth a try, I hope it is soon fixed for you

Thread Information