Starfinder Playlist

Why can players move assets?

If I place a chest or some other graphical asset - even if I override a Token.onDragStart implementation to say NO DON'T YOU DO IT... It still does it.

Even if I disable every single extension in FGU - even if I turn off "Party Vision and Movement" which then prevents any friendly asset from being moved by a player.. It still allows any player to move generic assets.

I can't figure out where this is happening or why? Do people want assets they drop on map to be movable by any and all players? Is this just the way it works?
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 13th, 2020 at 02:03.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

In Classic I think anything placed directly into a map that isn’t linked to the combat tracker can be moved by anyone, but I would have to check that since I can’t be sure since it’s not something I’m in the habit of doing. In Unity of course you would put it on a different layer, but you don’t say if you are asking about Unity or Classic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In Classic I think anything placed directly into a map that isn’t linked to the combat tracker can be moved by anyone, but I would have to check that since I can’t be sure since it’s not something I’m in the habit of doing. In Unity of course you would put it on a different layer, but you don’t say if you are asking about Unity or Classic.
    Sorry - I'm always FGU and sometimes I forget to mention it. I thought layers were just for visibility - are they more?

For sure I've only thought they were for fixed graphics - which this is not. It's an intelligent token which can be operated on by the player - I just don't want them to drag it all around if I don't want them to. Unfortunately, the Token."drag functions" seem to be in order of who sets them first and while I can only operate on my unique stuff - some low level code I can't seem to find (not tokenmanager) has operated (for drop operations only it appears) on my things as if they are generic assets already so it does what they want it to do - not what I want it to do.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 13th, 2020 at 03:16.

If it is a token then it always will be in the top layer if it gets dragged directly onto the map I think. But unless it is on the CT then it is a nothing I think and anyone can move it around. An image can be placed on another layer and only the DM can interact with it. For example I put images on another layer to represent spell effects. The players can’t interact with the image but I can move it resize it or even hide it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If it is a token then it always will be in the top layer if it gets dragged directly onto the map I think. But unless it is on the CT then it is a nothing I think and anyone can move it around. An image can be placed on another layer and only the DM can interact with it. For example I put images on another layer to represent spell effects. The players can’t interact with the image but I can move it resize it or even hide it.
    Yeah its not in the CT. Have this elaborate set of pieces of a puzzle I'm stringing together where I modified a previous extension to allow me to share an NPC completely with a player, then this one has added inventory to all NPCs (which with other "allow full access to CT NPC" option lets it be completely controlled like a PC inventory by the player), and now I've got parcels as a map token (chest or other simlar asset) placed on the map. Just need to work out the zillion other things to do in order to get what I want happening - and I noticed while my Token.onHover and Token.onDoubleClick worked fine for these things - the Token. drag functions did not. I guess I'll assume that I just have to live with them being able to drag chests/cabinets/sacks or whatever other token I drop in the tokenfield for this. For my players that's not a problem - but I could see for other people who play with strangers that might be an issue. Still - can't solve everything - will get it the way I want it and throw it out on DMsG when done.

Thread Information