STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Apocalyptic Setting Suggestions.

I had a player voice a desire to play in a post-apocalyptic setting. They mentioned Sundered Skies which I hadn't looked into but am starting to now. What other post-apocalyptic settings are there for Savage Worlds? I prefer them to be in Fantasy Grounds but please list them if they are just a PDF. I am learning how to use the Enhanced Library and NPC Maker extensions and just recently finished importing A Savage Guide to Dinosaurs as my first attempt at module conversion. I can't wait to start eating the player's characters. There are a few more mini-settings I bought in a SWAG Bundle from DriveThruRPG that I plan to import and I have found some old fan created SWEX settings on the internet like Savage GhostBusters and Savage Aliens that I think would be fun to convert to SWADE in Fantasy Grounds. Has anyone ever done a Savage Mad Max fan conversion because I could really get into that.

Please list any and all suggestions for post-apocalyptic settings. Please comment on any suggestions as well!

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions!

EDIT: List of suggestions -
    1. Deadlands: Hell on Earth
    2. Savage RIFTS
    3. War of the Dead campaign
    4. Broken Earth
    5. Darwin's World
    6. The After
    7. Wasted Years: Post-Apocalyptic Adventure in an America turned Savage
    8. Dead End
    9. Slipstream (has some P-A themes)
    10. Children of the Apocalypse
    11. The Drowned War
    12. Hellfrost (pre-apocalypse or during apocalypse maybe?)
    Last edited by YggBjorn; September 17th, 2020 at 03:15. Reason: adding list of suggestions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    I had a player voice a desire to play in a post-apocalyptic setting. They mentioned Sundered Skies which I hadn't looked into but am starting to now. What other post-apocalyptic settings are there for Savage Worlds? I prefer them to be in Fantasy Grounds but please list them if they are just a PDF. I am learning how to use the Enhanced Library and NPC Maker extensions and just recently finished importing A Savage Guide to Dinosaurs as my first attempt at module conversion. I can't wait to start eating the player's characters. There are a few more mini-settings I bought in a SWAG Bundle from DriveThruRPG that I plan to import and I have found some old fan created SWEX settings on the internet like Savage GhostBusters and Savage Aliens that I think would be fun to convert to SWADE in Fantasy Grounds. Has anyone ever done a Savage Mad Max fan conversion because I could really get into that.

Please list any and all suggestions for post-apocalyptic settings.

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions!
    Deadlands...Hell On Earth is post apocolyptic
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Savage Rifts is coming soon to a Fantasy Grounds tabletop near you.

I don't believe there are any currently available in FG outside of Chapter 1 of the 4 part War of the Dead (zombie apocalypse) campaign. It is two editions out of date and tends to be pretty railroady. I ran it back when it first came out (before the module for FG that's for sale was created by one of my players) and enjoyed it, but it is showing it's age at this point.

Other apocalypse setting for Savage Worlds:

Broken Earth - Set in the Wisconsin Canadian border area. Races (in addition to humans) includes Freaks (Fallout-like ghouls) and Synths (who may or may not think they are human), and uplifted Simians. There are small settlements and those that have adopted more of a Native American tribal lifestyle along with newly emerged Vault Dwellers. Includes settlement building rules a full PPC and there are several other individual adventures also for sale. Don't quote me on this, but I thought I remember seeing something about it getting updated for SWADE, just don't have a timeframe.

Darwin's World - An adaptation of a d20 setting. Humans and mutants in PA America at least three generations after the fall of the Ancients (as there are 3 gens of Mutants). No PPC, but has sample adventure locations including settlements and vaults, factions, a bestiary, a guide to robots, and a large selection of artifacts of the Ancients.

The After - This is the newest and was created for SWADE. Unlike the other settings, the apocalypse was not mankind's doing, rather it was the result of alien invasion by not one, but two warring species. Humanity was nearly wiped out, but the aliens eventually moved on leaving behind former servants who now share space with humans (a couple of alien PC races as well numerous "monsters"). It's a sandbox setting based in a small portion of Wyoming that is highly detailed including various factions, settlements, and named NPCs. There is no PPC although the book includes a few Savage Tales set in various locations. I've asked and although they may release more adventures at some point, no PPC is planned.

Hope this helps.

I had forgotten about Deadlands Hell On Earth! Can't wait for Savage Rifts. I played Rifts back in the 90's from the Palladium based system with sdc and mdc. Still have my books. I think Savage Worlds will be a better fit for it. Broken Earth and Darwin's World are new to me. I shall look into them. Recently bought a PDF copy of The After. I need to read it. I found two settings I own from purchasing a bundle that I had forgotten about. I've got the jumpstart rules for Dead End, a zombie apocalypse horror survival setting and Wasted Years which is, according to the author:
    This is every post-apocalyptic disaster movie you've ever seen piled on top of each other and mixed in a blender. It's a mix of Road Warrior, Damnation Alley, Fallout, Wasteland and an American version of Twilight 2000.
    Please keep the suggestions coming! I will EDIT the OP with a running list of suggestions.
    Last edited by YggBjorn; September 13th, 2020 at 21:59. Reason: Found some mini-settings I own

Slipstream though for Adventure Edition. Is older sci-fi style genre, Rocket Ships and Ray Guns. Been a while since played or read so may be a little inaccurate, but numerous planets get destroyed for some reason and now remnants are swirling into a black hole?, there is evil empress i doing bad stuff and resistance fighting against her.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Slipstream though for Adventure Edition. Is older sci-fi style genre, Rocket Ships and Ray Guns. Been a while since played or read so may be a little inaccurate, but numerous planets get destroyed for some reason and now remnants are swirling into a black hole?, there is evil empress i doing bad stuff and resistance fighting against her.
    It was Flash Gordon without the license to be honest, in fact I will be using Slipstream quite a lot in my Flash Gordon campaign.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun
    FLASH!
    AHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Yeah I will pickup Slipstream eventually. However I don't think it really counts for post apocalypse. WTH I will add it to the list anyways!

Picked up two more jumpstarts:
    1. Children of the Apocalypse
      Epic Fantasy on a Twisted Future Earth
    2. The Drowned War
      The Drowned War is a Post Apocalyptic setting in which refugees survive on man made islands while the mutated seek to consume them.

Both are inexpensive.

More of a stretch, but Hellfrost is pretty much post-apoc fantasy. Winter is growing stronger, magic is becoming more erratic, the ability to make magic items has been lost, both the north and the land of fire are post empire. And powerful evils are rising.

Thread Information