DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 18 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Can you confirm if this extension works with the Requested Rolls extension? I am evaluating picking this up to replace the conflicting Spell Automation extension, and that conflict is a deciding question for me.
    I had a very quick play with the extensions and I seems to be working fine with AdvancedSpellDamage, from what I can see if only rolls skills and att/checks and does not roll spell things.

Unless I'm missing something, do you have a 'specific' type of roll that you would like me to check for compatibility ?

Note Advanced spell damage does not do the automation of what 'spell automation' does, it only parses out the 'at higher level' and allows you to cast at a higher level, but you still have to use the 'buttons' of the spell for the cast/damage/heal/effect etc... as defined by the spell.

Hope this helps

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I had a very quick play with the extensions and I seems to be working fine with AdvancedSpellDamage, from what I can see if only rolls skills and att/checks and does not roll spell things.

Unless I'm missing something, do you have a 'specific' type of roll that you would like me to check for compatibility ?
    If you have the "PC rolls saves" option turned ON, it will prompt for concentration checks as well as targeted saves from things like NPC fireballs. Was your PC able to get spell save prompts okay?

Note Advanced spell damage does not do the automation of what 'spell automation' does, it only parses out the 'at higher level' and allows you to cast at a higher level, but you still have to use the 'buttons' of the spell for the cast/damage/heal/effect etc... as defined by the spell.
    Yeah, that's okay! I think I'm the only one at my table that understands the other way anyway, haha

If you have the "PC rolls saves" option turned ON, it will prompt for concentration checks as well as targeted saves from things like NPC fireballs. Was your PC able to get spell save prompts okay?

Yeah, that's okay! I think I'm the only one at my table that understands the other way anyway, haha
    I'll take a look at "pc rolls saves', as I dont know how the extension works.. which is why I asked for a specific case to check for you..

-pete

I'll take a look at "pc rolls saves', as I dont know how the extension works.. which is why I asked for a specific case to check for you..

-pete
    I understand! The extension adds this option "Prompt owner to roll saves" - for each client. When this is Off (default), NPC spells needing saves just happen as normal. With it On, you get no activity in the chat box and the client gets a popup with a button to activate the roll.

Here's an example of the options section. GM sees all option toggles, PC sees them all but can only turn the PC one On/Off.

reqroll.jpg

This post on the other thread shows the issue that occurs:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post622996

If your extension does not have a conflict, your PC will see the popup window asking for the save and there will be no "Save [1] FAILURE" in the chat box.

Is this what you want to know ? ( See con_save.jpg )

This is a player with 'sprit guardians' set up as concentration, taking damage from a 'giant spider', with the player auto popup for the 'roll concentration' ?

Seems to work, unless this is not what you are looking to check for ?

-pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is this what you want to know ? ( See con_save.jpg )

This is a player with 'sprit guardians' set up as concentration, taking damage from a 'giant spider', with the player auto popup for the 'roll concentration' ?

Seems to work, unless this is not what you are looking to check for ?

-pete
    Yeah, that looks good. Can you try one more thing? Put something like a spellcaster or abominable yeti NPC and have it target the PC with a saving throw effect (like fireball or chilling gaze). You should get a similar prompt as for concentration but for the save type instead.

Yeah, that looks good. Can you try one more thing? Put something like a spellcaster or abominable yeti NPC and have it target the PC with a saving throw effect (like fireball or chilling gaze). You should get a similar prompt as for concentration but for the save type instead.
    Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong.

with only 'request roll' the chill save does not pop up for the character. chill_no_ASDE.JPG

which is the same with both extensions.. chill.JPG

Is this the expected, sounds like you expect a popup for the player to roll the 'constitution' save ?

Can you see what I might be doing wrong. ( I was expecting it to work in both cases or at least work with just 'request roll' enabled to see what it should look like. )

( Sorry about to start our game session in about 20 mins, so out of time tonight to do more tests. Will pick this up on sunday or probably monday when I'm back home. )

-pete

Is this the expected, sounds like you expect a popup for the player to roll the 'constitution' save ?

Can you see what I might be doing wrong. ( I was expecting it to work in both cases or at least work with just 'request roll' enabled to see what it should look like. )
    Yeah, I would expect a popup for the player. You're using a second FG client in these new examples. The PC option is per-client; did you double-check to make sure the player client has it set to On?

No worries on the timing, thank you for testing this out!

One tangential question - do you have plans to put this extension in the Forge?

Yeah, I would expect a popup for the player. You're using a second FG client in these new examples. The PC option is per-client; did you double-check to make sure the player client has it set to On?

No worries on the timing, thank you for testing this out!
    Seems to be working with the client option turned on.

shows the popup,
    const_popup.JPG

and results,
    const_roll.JPG

Hope this helps,
    -pete

Thread Information