STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 18 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    A demonstration:

Campaign folder attached.

It does this without any other extensions loaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, I think I figured it out; It's a difference between using the character wizard and constructing the character manually. Character Wizard characters demonstrate the bug, hand constructed ones do not.

Have attached the campaign I created in this video.
    Last edited by matjam; May 25th, 2021 at 04:44. Reason: video embed

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    Ok, I think I figured it out; It's a difference between using the character wizard and constructing the character manually. Character Wizard characters demonstrate the bug, hand constructed ones do not.

Have attached the campaign I created in this video.
    Hi, Thanks both zips helped a lot. I can reproduce it with both of them.

As far the 'interesting' at the end of the video, the difference between hand created is that the spell go into a 'spell' power section... and the 'character wizard' created ( and your first character ) put the spells in an 'attribute' power section which then does not have your correct 'skill base' set up in it and is not going to follow the spell level tick boxes etc.

So I'd say both characters are both 'wrong' but thats not anything to do with spell damage extension.

I'll make an upload with the fix soon. ( Basically its was a ruleset change that is now returning a value that my patch was not, hence causing a double add in the onDrop, instead of it been told not to continue. )

Thanks for the extra effort for this.
    -pete

EDIT: v3.2 has been updated and should fix the double spell issues. Let me know if you have any more issues.
    Last edited by bratch9; May 25th, 2021 at 16:54. Reason: add 'EDIT' section for v3.2 release

OK so the duplication is gone but the actual upcasting isn't working now .. will put together a demonstration if I can replicate.
    Last edited by matjam; May 26th, 2021 at 00:14.

OK, so not a huge deal, but the the way the Character Wizard generates Spell groups seems not quite right? and the Cantrips section ends up with a weird number for the upcast - so 3 in my case. It doesn't affect anything. But if I set the casting level to 0, and drag another spell in, it goes to 3. Kinda weird.

Anyone having trouble with this extension should make sure their spells are in "Spell" categories and the names make sense.

some warnings while working on a fresh campaign.

Code:
    [5/25/2021 4:20:46 PM] [WARNING]  setValue: Recursive call terminated for (CONTROL_NUMBER) (castLevel)

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    OK, so not a huge deal, but the the way the Character Wizard generates Spell groups seems not quite right? and the Cantrips section ends up with a weird number for the upcast - so 3 in my case. It doesn't affect anything. But if I set the casting level to 0, and drag another spell in, it goes to 3. Kinda weird.

Anyone having trouble with this extension should make sure their spells are in "Spell" categories and the names make sense.
    Because its an 'action' group you can apply any level spell into that group, while the 'spell' group has special 'split' into level sections.. which is why I pointed out the character wizard made the character wrong. I thought it might have been specific to 'wizard' class but 'sorcerer' does the same.

Basically in the 'action' group due to 'mixed' levels I allow 1-20 for the cast level, in a 'spell' group I select the lowest as the level of the spells as they get split.

I've just made a new campaign by hand and with character wizard and the upcasting seemed to be working, it generated the extra lines in the spells and when i changed the upcast number it changed the damage.

If you have any extra information on how you setup/used the character that was not doing the upcast can you add some text and a campaign zip that says what you were doing. ( Video is not needed normally, if you are clear with your text.. )

Anyway my real work is starting, so will check in this evening to see if I need to make a further update.

( I'm not worried about the warning, I've seen it and it is caused because you can not pre-set an upcast level because the spell level is not known until you start to add spells... so normally 'onInit' when it adds the spells it has to 'adjust' the value which requires me to call the 'setValue', which due to callbacks to re-display the spell due to the changed value, now has to process an 'onUpdate' which also calls the 'setValue' to validate... so you end up in a recursive initial start as it tries to settle the first value. I could probably fix it if I wanted to merge in changes to a lot more of the spell code but then rule set changes become even harder to keep track of etc.. )

EDIT:..

spells.JPG

in the above image I've added incorrect level 'teleport' spells into the 'action' groups made by the character wizard, this is not possible in the 'Spells' due to rule set. You will notice on the 'meta' that the 'action' group is called 'Spell (Sorcerer)(level 1)' without an 'ability' been set while the 'spells' meta gets the 'cha' ability and is only named 'Spells' but the sub groups end up as 'Spells (level 6)' due to the special rule set code to keep spells in the correct group header. ( Because all the 'Spells' are in one group, it is split under multiple header bars by the rule set code. )

Its also showing extra damage for up-cast value.

I dont know why FG have decided that the character wizard will make 'action' groups for the spells and to not put them in a 'Spells' section. ( My guess would be mult-class to keep them in different groups.. but I dont understand why they do not make it a 'group type spell' with a name 'Spells (Sorcerer)' and let the auto group system add the '(level n)' section to the group name.
    Last edited by bratch9; May 26th, 2021 at 09:45.

Hey, I found an interference between equipped effect by Silentruin and Advanced Spell Damage by you, when both extension are running, with the latest build from 25th of May, it won't parse the 5e effects for NPCs in the Combat Tracker, could you maybe have a look? Thank you!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; June 4th, 2021 at 17:08.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, I found an interference between equipped effect by Silentruin and Advanced Spell Damage by you, when both extension are running, with the latest build from 25th of May, it won't parse the 5e effects for NPCs in the Combat Tracker, could you maybe have a look? Thank you!
    I will take a look, I know Silentruin was making changes on his extension that was causing conflicts, but I thought he had resolved them. ( I'll contact him and see if the issue is at his end or mine or if we need to do a joint solution to get both extensions working nice. )

If you have a simple campaign you can zip and attach, that would allow me to reproduce this as I dont follow the equipped effects extension so not sure what settings you might have configured etc..

I'll do a basic check and see if I can reproduce my end.

EDIT: I made a quick campaign and dragged on an NPC into the CT, I could change the cast level and the spell effects changed the dice rolls as required and seemed to roll these when used. This is with Advanced spell damage v3.2 and equipped effects v1.31

Could you make sure you are updated and re-check, if so can you post some screen shots+campaign zip ( if possible ), and give some information as to what you are seeing as wrong and how you created it etc.. Just some reproduction steps. ( if you do provide a campaign, let me know which npc is having issues + spell etc... just so I can look direct at an error. )
    Last edited by bratch9; June 4th, 2021 at 19:35.

Hey, I just copied the campaign folder and zipped it up, hopefully it works for you to reproduce it.
    The NPC needs to be removed and re-added to the Combat Tracker for the proper 5e Effects to get parsed in the combat tracker, for the cantrip resistance highlighted in the screenshots. So the cantrip isn't parsed if I have, Equipped Effect + Advanced Spell Damage On.
    Though it is parsed with only Equipped Effect On , though you have to add and remove the NPC for the effect to get parsed.

Thanks for picking this up so quick!

Frozen Sick 2.zip
    Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 20.51.18 7.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 20.48.36.png

Thread Information