DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 18 First 123412 ... Last
    Hi Bratch9,

I'm using Diablobobs DM Tools to pre-place tokens for spells to target etc. but when I reparse a spell to use your 'casting at higher level' functionality (which works great by the way, great stuff!) it kills the token line for the spell. Am I doing something wrong or is there a work a round to be able to use both of these functions at the same time?

Cheers,

Simon

I think this is sorted by just repopulating the spell rather than reparsing an existing version, fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Ludd_G; October 14th, 2020 at 13:23. Reason: User Error!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi Bratch9,

I'm using Diablobobs DM Tools to pre-place tokens for spells to target etc. but when I reparse a spell to use your 'casting at higher level' functionality (which works great by the way, great stuff!) it kills the token line for the spell. Am I doing something wrong or is there a work a round to be able to use both of these functions at the same time?

Cheers,

Simon

I think this is sorted by just repopulating the spell rather than reparsing an existing version, fingers crossed!
    Hi Simon,

I've added an option menu item to v2.2 that is defaulted off, that will only remove the 'damage/heal/cast/effect' action lines... so when enabled it should 'keep' the 'spell token' action line during the re-parse.

Note.. this can and will still break Rob2e spells effects, as these spells have custom 'damage/heal/cast/effect' lines during a re-parse... But my extension does patch in as best it can the extra lvl data on Rob2e spells when dropped onto character sheet and should keep the pre-defined spell token info. ( Just not on a re-parse.. )

But it sounds like you have been adding extra spell tokens to normal spells, and you want to keep these, which this option should.. ( Assuming you are not also editing action lines for the spell, which will be reset back to standard spell lines on re-parse.. )

Let me know if this goes well or not as you expected. ( If not as expected, can you attach an example screen shot or small campaign zip and some extra details, so I can take a specific look at what you need. )

-pete

Thanks Pete,

I'll grab the new version and do some testing. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Pete,

I looked closely in the option menu but couldn't find your new added option, could you help, by sending a screenshot

As blind as a bat

Thanks!

-Updated to v2.2
    Added 'option menu' item to enable 'keep spell token' from 'Critically Awesome Essentials' extension
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; October 15th, 2020 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi Pete,

I looked closely in the option menu but couldn't find your new added option, could you help, by sending a screenshot

As blind as a bat

Thanks!

-Updated to v2.2
    Added 'option menu' item to enable 'keep spell token' from 'Critically Awesome Essentials' extension
    see attached... hope this helps. ( Its from v2.2a but that fixes a different issue... but maybe update to this aswell. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks !!! Found it, I just updated Advanced Spell damage and had to re-enable the extension :P , that was why I couldn't find it lol

Thanks !!! Found it, I just updated Advanced Spell damage and had to re-enable the extension :P , that was why I couldn't find it lol
    Well not enabled would make it hard to find !!

let me know if its working as expected.

Thanks, I've finally gotten further in my LMoP campaign, and we've started to use your other extension Advanced Weapon Damage , its so cool, I used the power option, to add the Shillelagh effect to a staff, helps to clean up the Action Tab a bit that way. My group has just found the Hew axes , only a pity that twig blights only have 4hp , but its still really cool what effects you can add to weapons in this way!

Thanks, I've finally gotten further in my LMoP campaign, and we've started to use your other extension Advanced Weapon Damage , its so cool, I used the power option, to add the Shillelagh effect to a staff, helps to clean up the Action Tab a bit that way. My group has just found the Hew axes , only a pity that twig blights only have 4hp , but its still really cool what effects you can add to weapons in this way!
    Yep, also hew is part of the samples in adv weapon, I'm sure you have seen already. LMoP was the first fantasy grounds our group ran and inspired the adv weapon mod... due to not wanting to have many 'effect' active to manage in the CT.

I do need to add more samples for adv weapon, but adv spell needed my time to get to a good feature level.

If you have suggestions/feedback for either extension just let me know. ( and/or add them to dmsguild against the extension... reviews and stars are good too... I'm told !! )

I'm glad others are getting use out of them, our group is just wrapping up CoS and then we are looking at Starfinder dead suns.. So I might look into extensions for starfinder, which seem a bit slim on the ground...

Sure, I will I'm just starting to play around with them . I know this has been suggested.. but thought it worth suggesting again, if you could add automation to check off spell slots, when a player cast a spell, that would be awesome !! My players never do it themselves, other then that it looks pretty solid to me, I haven't run into other things I would want it to do for me yet, but I'm quite new to FGs and DnD .

Thread Information