FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    It's been delivered per private messages with bratch9. EE is in DMsG now, will be in Forge whenever GP gets around to it.
    Thanks for processing the update quickly.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hey B9,

I recently noticed a new problem with your extension (the extensions and software are up to date).

When an NPC with a level X spell with a coding like [SLVL8] arrives on the CT (again thanks to the active option "Translate NPC powers" of the EE extension) the value of SLVL8 becomes 1D8 instead of XD8 even if I indicate that the spell must be cast at a level X (see screen).

Capture.PNG

Do you think you can fix it?

Thanking you,
    Vaall

Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    Hey B9,

I recently noticed a new problem with your extension (the extensions and software are up to date).

When an NPC with a level X spell with a coding like [SLVL8] arrives on the CT (again thanks to the active option "Translate NPC powers" of the EE extension) the value of SLVL8 becomes 1D8 instead of XD8 even if I indicate that the spell must be cast at a level X (see screen).

Capture.PNG

Do you think you can fix it?

Thanking you,
    Vaall
    Hi,

Had a quick look with those extensions and it seems to be working for me... I'm in english, so not sure if its something to do with actual translation ?

See attached image.

Can you try it in english, and see if you can replicate the correct result and is working.

From the last time I looked at something like this, I seem to remember, 'EE' when in translation mode did not call the overridden processing function its takes over from. And due to it not processing this it causes an issue.

I think the suggested solution was to change the load priority of 'EE' as it loads after my extension so that allows my extension to do the work before it gets passed to 'EE' for process.

If 'EE' is overriding functions after mine, and not calling down the processing stack of functions its linked into, then very little can be done from my extension. ( As my code is not been called... )

I'm away from my development machine, so dont have access to source code to confirm this, but as I said I recall looking into this exact issue. ( You might be able to find it further up the thread. )

-pete

EDIT: so the issue I was thinking about was the 'heal' spells, and it looks like SilentRuin added the extra couple of lines to copy in the 'lvl[n]' data over to allow that to work.

I'm sure this will probably be the same sort of thing, but the 'effects' are a little more complex that damage/heal sections.

Also not sure how you get the 'spell' to list with the 'effects' sections that you show in your image ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bratch9; December 9th, 2023 at 14:33.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to look.

First of all, I agree that with the English modules it works correctly and perfectly.

The problem only comes from the way I use your extension (as well as that of many other) in order to make the use of FG as simple as possible for my players with the objective that they have the less action to be done on their side. Ideally, I simplified the spells as much as possible to only have one button to press (like as an effect).
    In realizing this I certainly missed or did some spell coding incorrectly.

Where I may have made an error is that I coded the spell "Cloudkill" in the form of a single effect (with the damage roll automatically with the saving throw with your extension (+BCEG )) in this way :
    SAVEDMG: [SLVL8]; SAVES: CON [SDC] (H) (M).

PS. : Sorry, I didn't want to go into details to avoid making my speech less clear.

Whereas in reality, the translation of the spell into English performs the saving throw and the damage separately (so we no longer end up with a single effect line but with two lines 1 with saving throw and 1 other with damage).

I can repeat the Cloudkill spell normally if I go one line for the saving throw and another for the damage.
    And in this case, it works well (see attachment).

Afterwards I can put all the spells back in this way so that it works (need just time).

But the problem is that an NPC does not recognize the level of a spell in an "effect" coding of the spell.

I can share my modules (FR) or do a stream if my explanation is not clear enough.

Hey,

Thanks for taking the time to look.

First of all, I agree that with the English modules it works correctly and perfectly.

The problem only comes from the way I use your extension (as well as that of many other) in order to make the use of FG as simple as possible for my players with the objective that they have the less action to be done on their side. Ideally, I simplified the spells as much as possible to only have one button to press (like as an effect).
    In realizing this I certainly missed or did some spell coding incorrectly.

Where I may have made an error is that I coded the spell "Cloudkill" in the form of a single effect (with the damage roll automatically with the saving throw with your extension (+BCEG )) in this way :
    SAVEDMG: [SLVL8]; SAVES: CON [SDC] (H) (M).

PS. : Sorry, I didn't want to go into details to avoid making my speech less clear.

Whereas in reality, the translation of the spell into English performs the saving throw and the damage separately (so we no longer end up with a single effect line but with two lines 1 with saving throw and 1 other with damage).

I can repeat the Cloudkill spell normally if I go one line for the saving throw and another for the damage.
    And in this case, it works well (see attachment).

Afterwards I can put all the spells back in this way so that it works (need just time).

But the problem is that an NPC does not recognize the level of a spell in an "effect" coding of the spell.

I can share my modules (FR) or do a stream if my explanation is not clear enough.
    Thanks for the extra information, I can guess at a replication for this and will try and get around to looking into this.

The basic issue is that power:effects are evaluated when NPC is added, same when the player character presses the button on the character sheet and its added to the CT effect list. With ASD for power:heal and power:damage on NPC I pre-generate these at all spell upcast levels and store the strings. So when you change the upcast level on the NPC it just changes the string, which is much quicker than re-evaluating the full damage/heal power data.

I'll need to add this NPC pre-generation for power:effect, so it can just update the cached string in the same way as the power:damage does in your image for the NPC cloudkill spell.

ASD does not do this at the moment because standard spell parse does not generate any 'special' encodes in the power:effect, they basically only stuff in the "spell name;" into the power:effect.

So evaluating the power:effect at lvl 1-20 for cantrip and lvl 1-9 for a normal spell will have to be added. This might not be possible due to information, as it will need to know if the power:effect is related to a cantrip or a source level spell. It all depends on what data I have access to at the point of evaluation.

Once I have this working, we can cross the bridge of DMsGuild uploads not working (see spell tokens extension that is yet to see a resolution for this issues... ), and then we can look to see if 'EE' extension needs a couple of extra lines adding in like was needed for damage/heal to copy over the 'lvl[n]' cast setting etc...

But with my christmas plans I have very little time to look into this, but will try and find some time to look into this.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

No worries, everyone has the right to their Christmas vacation. There is therefore no urgency to resolve this problem.

I am going to modify the spells most used by spellcaster NPCs.

Thanks again.

No worries, everyone has the right to their Christmas vacation. There is therefore no urgency to resolve this problem.

I am going to modify the spells most used by spellcaster NPCs.

Thanks again.
    Had a few hours to have a play, and got something working. ( While I could not configure the spell in the same way you did, as I assume that is a different extensions as I only had ASD enabled. ) So I had to hardcode detecting the 'cloudkill' spell and force in a [SLVL8] code into its encoding before allowing the system to evaluate it at different levels.

I need to do some clean up of my debug chat messages and will add an 'evaluate npc power effects' as a option, to try and keep the code changes as safe a possible !!

Because it now evaluates the effect based on the spell description 'Level: ' this will need to be in the description for the spell on the NPC. ( Otherwise it does not know what the source spell level is, for cloud kill this is obviously the 'Level: 5' in the spell description. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thank you, it’s great to have succeeded. I hope this wasn't too difficult to find.

Thank you, it’s great to have succeeded. I hope this wasn't too difficult to find.
    It was not too complex once I found a good location to process the evaluation.

My worry when you get hold of it, is interactions with other extensions. ie with 'EE' and the one that you use to add 'spell' effect configurations for the spells as I'm not sure which extension does that. So its possible that the spell effect configuration gets updated after I have evaluated it, but I hope it goes in before ASD further evaluates the power/spell effect/damage/heal configuration.

I'll look to add an option to configure the evaluation process in the morning, so I can update the extension in a way that does nothing different if its disabled. So as to not break the current processing flow. Giving you a way to test within your more complex extension configuration and language etc..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v3.12 update adds the ability for the NPC effects lines to be evaluated for casting at different levels. ( This is controlled by a 'option' which is defaulted to 'disabled' )

Let me know if this interacts with your other extensions as expected, as I'm guessing the code interactions should work.

If not let me know and we can start looking at which extra extension(s) are involved in just the NPC spell power effect configuration, as I'm not sure how you are 'making' your NPC with the extra effect specials etc..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information