DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 18 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Don't suppose there is any chance of making a CoreRPG or PF1e version of this is there?
    I'm not even sure how that would look... CoreRPG does not define much about a spell structure, and if I recall don't PF spells already have different spells for different levels ? ( Or im thinking of starfinder... I've not had coffee yet !! )

The basic concept probably could be done, ie adding the 'lvl[n]' processing into the damage/heal text of an effect. But a lot of this extensions is actually the parsing of the text in a spell for the 'at higher level' and processing the wording to create the required result. ( And 5e lumps this into one spell text description... I'd prefer to see multiple spells like in other systems to higher level casting. )

I'll think about it but its not a ruleset I use.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    Hello, there is a conflict with the Temporal Fixation extension. That one has the FIXINIT effect that locks initiative to a specified number. It technically works but the initiative number shown in the CT is wrong, and only when this extension and that one are loaded together. It'd be great if you could collab with MeAndUnique (Discord MeAndUnique#6805) on a fix!

Attachment 54772
    I've just grabbed this extension off forge from the link you provided, thanks..

I'll take a look and see which extension is conflicting with which. Is possible mine sits on top of this one and I can deal with conflict, or it might be the other way and MeAndUnique might have to fix it...

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Hello, there is a conflict with the Temporal Fixation extension. That one has the FIXINIT effect that locks initiative to a specified number. It technically works but the initiative number shown in the CT is wrong, and only when this extension and that one are loaded together. It'd be great if you could collab with MeAndUnique (Discord MeAndUnique#6805) on a fix!

Attachment 54772
    I've had a quick look, and I'm either not using the extension correct or it has other bugs, but it seems it does not keep the FIXINIT all the time anyway !!

When I added the effect onto a creature, it did set its init value to the one in the effect... But on a 'roll initiative' menu selection it just rolls its own initiative anyway. ( See attached.. )

test.JPG

As you can see I only have this one extension enabled on this screen shot, as I like to replicate the issue first to understand it. But since it already is failing in basic testing on its own, and its a new(ish) extensions, my guess its its still settling.

I'll do some tests with my extension also added, as I'd guess even adding the initial effect might not set the init value. Is this the case you are seeing, or is it more like my attached that after a roll init it has invalid values ?

-pete

EDIT: tested with my extension also loaded, and see the same issue as without...

When adding the effect onto a creature its init value is set as expected.

test2.JPG

And then on a roll init the init value changes, same as without my extension.

test3.JPG

So either im using the extension wrong, or its got a setting I've not configured ?

But to me it looks like just a bug in the original extensions.. Unless you are reporting a different failure mode when combined with my extension.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; October 20th, 2022 at 12:14.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Hi pete,
    Thanks for digging into it. Your conclusion about the menu reroll interaction is correct, and M&U is looking into it.

However, let's throw another extension into the mix: Advanced Effects, which lets me prepopulate effects on the NPC sheet before it lands on the CT. When I use this and set FIXINIT for a NPC (such as a lair action NPC always locked at 20), and drop the record onto the CT, the order is correct but the displayed number is incorrect only when this spell damage extension is included as well.

init.jpg

Hi pete,
    Thanks for digging into it. Your conclusion about the menu reroll interaction is correct, and M&U is looking into it.

However, let's throw another extension into the mix: Advanced Effects, which lets me prepopulate effects on the NPC sheet before it lands on the CT. When I use this and set FIXINIT for a NPC (such as a lair action NPC always locked at 20), and drop the record onto the CT, the order is correct but the displayed number is incorrect only when this spell damage extension is included as well.

init.jpg
    Thanks, I'll take a look at this combination.

With the 4.3 drop I'm expecting a few conflict issues to show up and the odd glitch.

Also the effects dont normally evaluate on 'add npc' type, so I guess thats forced in with the extensions, so probably just requires me to check and call into the extension to re-link that bit of code. As my extension can skip some of the ruleset code due to how it has to interact, so its probably a couple line fix once I figure out just what is going on.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Hi pete,

init.jpg
    v3.7 should fix the 'advanced effects' with 'temporal fixation' extension when dragging on NPC.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    v3.7 should fix the 'advanced effects' with 'temporal fixation' extension when dragging on NPC.

-pete
    It does, thanks for the quick fix

It seems like, with the latest update, Better Combat Effects Gold breaks this extension for some reason...
    Last edited by Fingersome; February 12th, 2023 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    It seems like, with the latest update, Better Combat Effects Gold breaks this extension for some reason...
    I dont have the extension to test with, was it working before its previous update ? ( Since advanced spell damage has not been updated for a while.. )

I'd guess the bceg has added more encoding/decoding that needs to happen around the spells... Its possible the likes of 'lvl5' added for spell level is not passing its parsing process...

Could you give some screen shots as to 'what is not working ?' ( ie is the level select on player not working, or on npc or in CT, is the spell parsing not working so you dont get the extra dice and lvl? class markers... does all the ui and spells work, but when 'rolled' the process is not selecting the correct number of dice ?????? )

It would help to know more, with some contrasting images of 'working spells' and not working with 'spells and bceg' and what is wrong.. ( ie box around mistake or some words etc.. )

The bceg is now part of grimpress by the looks ?

your report on the bceg thread got a response of 'Its probably related to Capital Gains. I have a fix that will be up tomorrow.' from 'rhagelstrom'... so let me know if this update fixes it or not..

thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I dont have the extension to test with, was it working before its previous update ? ( Since advanced spell damage has not been updated for a while.. )

I'd guess the bceg has added more encoding/decoding that needs to happen around the spells... Its possible the likes of 'lvl5' added for spell level is not passing its parsing process...

Could you give some screen shots as to 'what is not working ?' ( ie is the level select on player not working, or on npc or in CT, is the spell parsing not working so you dont get the extra dice and lvl? class markers... does all the ui and spells work, but when 'rolled' the process is not selecting the correct number of dice ?????? )

It would help to know more, with some contrasting images of 'working spells' and not working with 'spells and bceg' and what is wrong.. ( ie box around mistake or some words etc.. )

The bceg is now part of grimpress by the looks ?

your report on the bceg thread got a response of 'Its probably related to Capital Gains. I have a fix that will be up tomorrow.' from 'rhagelstrom'... so let me know if this update fixes it or not..

thanks, Pete
    I can give you an example, as I noticed the same issue just half an hour ago in my game:
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 232353.png
    The Warlock in this screenshot casts Hellish Rebuke using a lvl 3 spell slot, the damage of the spell is calculated as if it was a lvl 9 spell slot.

It worked until the previous version of BCEG, so probably something that was changed in that extension recently.

EDIT: edited to upload a better screenshot of a test I did disabling ALL the extensions except BCEG and Advanced Spell Damage.

Thread Information