DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 18 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    When ever I load an npc with spells into the combat tracker, I get this error below and the NPC stats in the tracker are a bit messed up. I think this extension is causing this. Could you look into it?
    [7/29/2022 4:48:27 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asd.lua"]:1972: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'modifier' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by GGCosmos View Post
    When ever I load an npc with spells into the combat tracker, I get this error below and the NPC stats in the tracker are a bit messed up. I think this extension is causing this. Could you look into it?
    [7/29/2022 4:48:27 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asd.lua"]:1972: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'modifier' (a nil value)
    Just checked with a couple of npc, like banshee, acolyte, baba lysaga and do not have this issue.

Could you provide a screen shot(s), and or which NPC name you are dragging, and which version of FG Unity/classic, and extension versions. ( This and others you have loaded ? )

Could you try this with just this extensions, if you have others loaded it could be a conflict, and this will narrow it down.

A number of changes to damage/heal/effects in the rulesets over the last couple of updates releases, might have caused a new conflict if you have a mix of updated extensions loaded or not.

I'd like to tract this down, from the line of code I could 'protect' against this issue, but I'd like to track why its a nil value as it could be caused earlier in the code and this just happens to be the first 'use' of the value.

Thanks, Pete

EDIT:
    Just looked at the function in my extension and the ruleset version that it is based off. These match between my usage and the ruleset, so I'd expect the ruleset to also fail with this error on that npc. Can you try disabling just my extension and trying that NPC to see if now you get the error in the ruleset version of the code. This could be a conflict with a different extension not setting this data correctly, or it could be a mal-formed NPC you are using. Please add as much information as possible to allow me to track it down with your help.

Also, please try in a new clean campaign with just my extension and basic player handbook, monster manual NPC, if you still get the issue please attach a zip of the campaign and which npc is causing the issue. And also if its still causing the issue with my extension not enabled. ( As it could be a mistake in the NPC source data it self etc.. )
    Last edited by bratch9; July 29th, 2022 at 16:37.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Tried this extension on a new campaign before writing you. I tried it with the necromancer from the 5e Volo's Guide to Monsters. It works normal when the extension isn't loaded but throws the error when it is.

For further infos, I uploaded the compiled log zip to my OneDrive if you want to inspect it more closely.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ash_ecMvYg_Gh_Bg...0Zleg?e=drBDjx
    Necro with Ext: NecroWithExt.png
    Necro without Ext: NecroWithoutExt.png
    Last edited by GGCosmos; July 30th, 2022 at 03:37.

Tried this extension on a new campaign before writing you. I tried it with the necromancer from the 5e Volo's Guide to Monsters. It works normal when the extension isn't loaded but throws the error when it is.

For further infos, I uploaded the compiled log zip to my OneDrive if you want to inspect it more closely.
    Thanks, I'll try and replicate it with this extra information.

( Just updated my fantasy grounds and seen a number of other extensions getting updates, so looks like a number of us have had to catch up with ruleset changes.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

v3.5 released should clear up this issue.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

when using Advanced effects with this extension, adding an NPC with effect features into the combat tracker will cause those effects to duplicate
    Screenshot 2022-08-02 155325.png

I've noticed an issue with group initiative cropping up. Despite having auto grouping enabled, NPCs added to the CT get a random roll instead of grouping. This happens only with v3.5 loaded in an otherwise clean 5E campaign.

initiative.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FGUDM View Post
    when using Advanced effects with this extension, adding an NPC with effect features into the combat tracker will cause those effects to duplicate
    Screenshot 2022-08-02 155325.png
    Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    I've noticed an issue with group initiative cropping up. Despite having auto grouping enabled, NPCs added to the CT get a random roll instead of grouping. This happens only with v3.5 loaded in an otherwise clean 5E campaign.

initiative.jpg
    V3.6 should fix both these issues. ( Sorry on the delay getting to these, I've been taking a break from all programming.. )

Also V3.6 requires the B9's common core and has a warning popup. Which also make this update FG Unity as a requirement.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Hello, there is a conflict with the Temporal Fixation extension. That one has the FIXINIT effect that locks initiative to a specified number. It technically works but the initiative number shown in the CT is wrong, and only when this extension and that one are loaded together. It'd be great if you could collab with MeAndUnique (Discord MeAndUnique#6805) on a fix!

init.png

Don't suppose there is any chance of making a CoreRPG or PF1e version of this is there?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information