FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, I just copied the campaign folder and zipped it up, hopefully it works for you to reproduce it.
    The NPC needs to be removed and re-added to the Combat Tracker for the proper 5e Effects to get parsed in the combat tracker, for the cantrip resistance highlighted in the screenshots. So the cantrip isn't parsed if I have, Equipped Effect + Advanced Spell Damage On.
    Though it is parsed with only Equipped Effect On , though you have to add and remove the NPC for the effect to get parsed.

Thanks for picking this up so quick!

Attachment 47352
    Attachment 47353
    Attachment 47354
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I was expecting it to be a cast at a level issue, this looks like something else.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I was expecting it to be a cast at a level issue, this looks like something else.
    I think equipped effects broke this in how I'm overriding parseNPCpower. Give me a bit I think I can resolve it.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hey, I just copied the campaign folder and zipped it up, hopefully it works for you to reproduce it.
    The NPC needs to be removed and re-added to the Combat Tracker for the proper 5e Effects to get parsed in the combat tracker, for the cantrip resistance highlighted in the screenshots. So the cantrip isn't parsed if I have, Equipped Effect + Advanced Spell Damage On.
    Though it is parsed with only Equipped Effect On , though you have to add and remove the NPC for the effect to get parsed.

Thanks for picking this up so quick!

Attachment 47352
    Attachment 47353
    Attachment 47354
    See my thread Vaughlannister, I just put out a delivery which I hope works around my stuff not being able to translate NPC powers with this extension running.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but the Cast Level in the spell descriptions for NPCs is not showing up and using the CT to upcast for NPCs is not working for me. PCs are fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    Not sure what I am doing wrong here, but the Cast Level in the spell descriptions for NPCs is not showing up and using the CT to upcast for NPCs is not working for me. PCs are fine, though.
    Thanks for your questions, in my test build I do not see this sort of issue with NPC.

On the cast.jpg you can see that I have set the NPC to 5th level casting level. On the CT sheet example I have marked the fireball showing its extra dice it will roll. On the NPC sheet if you scroll it down to the description, see fireball.jpg, it should still show the basic '8d6 fire damage' which will highlight to roll but it will roll the 10d6 for a 5th level cast. I could change either the NPC cast level or the CT cast level they stay in sync for me. ( Well when you open the NPC sheet for the first time it will reset cast level to 1. )

Do you have other extension enabled ? Could one of these be causing a conflict ?

Could you check on a clean new campaign with just this one extension ?

Maybe post some screen shots so I can see if the correct 'box' for cast level is showing up, or if its just not functioning.

Did you have the NPC on the CT before your enabled the extension ? ( Because it adds extra information to allow the process during the add to npc stage, which might be why it was not working ? )

I do have a slight update in the works, nothing major, but I tested with the dmsGuild released version for this test. Just to make sure that updates to FG and ruleset changes had not caused and issue between the release of the extension and now.

If you have any more information, could you post it/images etc.. and I can see if I can spot something that might be wrong.

( My guess would be already added NPC before extension enabled, or probably a conflict with a different extension. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will actually go through this again first because I just tested it again (in the same campaign I did before) and got it to work. So maybe I was glitch-y?

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    I will actually go through this again first because I just tested it again (in the same campaign I did before) and got it to work. So maybe I was glitch-y?
    if you do find a 'way' to break it, please let me know.

Hello Bratch
    For spells (not cantrips), I can't click on anything to change the level of the spell that he wants to cast, it set to highest cast-able lvl for the char. I have to manually change it (type in) for player as he manages his spells very carefully. Then I have to do it the next time he wants spell at a different lvl. When I click the magnifying glass to see the different levels for the spell, I can't change anything. Is it possible to do this, without your ext. it was the opposite way, everything set to the lowest lvl of the spell and I had to upscale it it for the player. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin Kregin View Post
    Hello Bratch
    For spells (not cantrips), I can't click on anything to change the level of the spell that he wants to cast, it set to highest cast-able lvl for the char. I have to manually change it (type in) for player as he manages his spells very carefully. Then I have to do it the next time he wants spell at a different lvl. When I click the magnifying glass to see the different levels for the spell, I can't change anything. Is it possible to do this, without your ext. it was the opposite way, everything set to the lowest lvl of the spell and I had to upscale it it for the player. Any help would be appreciated.
    Can you split this into more details and maybe some images ?

Are you saying with advanced spell damage enabled, that your player spells are listed as max all the time ? ( Can you post an image ? )

Do you have a bunch of extensions enabled, its possible one is causing a conflict.

If you are not using my extension, the FG way to 'upcast' is by dragging off the spell damage so you see the 'cursor of dice' that it is going to roll and then you can right click to add more dice. Obviously it has no checks and can be used of spells that dont even have upcast options. As this is a 'general' when you drag dice about you can add more of that type with the right mouse click.

-pete

Can you confirm if this extension works with the Requested Rolls extension? I am evaluating picking this up to replace the conflicting Spell Automation extension, and that conflict is a deciding question for me.

Thread Information