FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

[extension] Advanced Spell Damage Extension - casting spells at higher level.

This extension is now on www.dmsguild.com 'Fantasy Grounds Advanced Spell Damage'
    My other extensions can be found on www.dmsguild.com 'Bratch Nine'
    RULESET : 5E

Just letting people know my extension to allow 'different level' casting is up on dmsguild. The extension adds a casting level box onto the spell header bar, it parses the 'at higher level' data from the spell description and extends the amount of damage/heal lines in the spell. As you change the casting level these are automatically updated on the spell and tool tip, so you can see what is going to be cast as damage/heal amounts. Once you are done with the action, you can 'double click' the spell level selection box to 'tick' off that spell usage. [ Note, not checks are made for valid spell slots available, or if you have slots left to cast... that is upto the player to make sure they actually have the level slot available when they decide on the casting level... ]

I'm going to be looking to add custom effect lines, for the spells that 'need' that sort of thing. I have already extended the effect line so it can roll a different amount of dice in the style of [STR] adds strength bonus value, and pass that evaluated amount onto a target, I'll be working on the 'linkage' between the selected spell level and the effect line next week.

If you have been looking for this type of thing, and/or have some feedback, please let me know.

SpellsMarkForLvl.PNG

SpellCastForLvl.PNG
    Last edited by bratch9; November 20th, 2020 at 13:49.

Blog Entries
    MOD: Moved to Paid Creations forum

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi, I found that Advanced-spell-damage doesn't work for NPC in the combat tracker, when MadNomad's Character Sheet Effects are on would you in the future make the two compatible with each other?

Many Thanks!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329...ffects-Display

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Hi, I found that Advanced-spell-damage doesn't work for NPC in the combat tracker, when MadNomad's Character Sheet Effects are on would you in the future make the two compatible with each other?

Many Thanks!

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329...ffects-Display
    Hi,

I've had a look using spell damage v2.0 with character sheet effects v1.10, and I'm not sure what is supposed to not be working? When I add an npc to combat tracker I can change the cast level and its responds as i'd expect.

Is some thing in the character sheet effects not showing as it should ? ( I dont know the extension, so not 100% what might be missing or not working. )

Can you check with the latest versions, and if you still have an issue, please add an image and some extra description as to what is not working and possible setup so I can check the issue. ( And if needed pass it onto MadNomad.. )

Thanks.
    Last edited by bratch9; October 10th, 2020 at 17:29.

Hey,

I just did another check.. and I found that it was Advanced Effects https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)
    that was interfering.. I dunno why.. but in the last test Character Effect Sheets wasn't interfering anymore.

I know Celestial's latest version fixed an issue that the amount of spells slots that an NPC could cast.. were missing.

Haven't changed versions for Character Effect Sheets so.. I don't know why.. though

Thanks!
    Last edited by vaughnlannister; October 11th, 2020 at 12:52.

Hey,

I just did another check.. and I found that it was Advanced Effects https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...cs-characters)
    that was interfering.. I dunno why.. but in the last test Character Effect Sheets wasn't interfering anymore.

I know Celestial's latest version fixed an issue that the amount of spells slots that an NPC could cast.. were missing.

Haven't changed versions for Character Effect Sheets so.. I don't know why.. though

Thanks!
    Hi, would you like to check v2.1 as you probably know the advanced effects extension better than I do. But it seems to be displaying the correct spell level up-cast as selected and showing/rolling the effect when added to an npc.

(Dont forget you will probably have to delete the npc off the combat tracker, and re-drag it on.. to allow things to 'update' etc. )

-pete

Hi Pete

Many thanks for making it compatible with Advanced Effects! I was using a version that had a different load order.. 1001, that still wasn't working.. I re-downloaded the version that was on Celestial's page and it all works !!!

Again thanks for all the support you give to your extension !

Hi Pete

Many thanks for making it compatible with Advanced Effects! I was using a version that had a different load order.. 1001, that still wasn't working.. I re-downloaded the version that was on Celestial's page and it all works !!!

Again thanks for all the support you give to your extension !
    Hi, Glad its working for you..

Yep, its not possible for extensions to 'merge contents of a function', unless the work can be done as a 'pre or post' fix... In both mine and Celestials we do changes inside the middle of the function. So these will not 'normally' merge.

To resolve this I looked at the code add by both extensions and worked out a way to detect advanced effects and then also call this extra function(s) from my extension..

So my extension has to load 'after' for this to work... so if you do move the load order of advanced effects you need to move my advanced spell and my advanced weapon effects after it. ( As I have also done the same sort of patch for weapon effects on the player side to allow my extensions to work with this one.. )

-pete

Nice that sounds complicated!

Glad it was a familiar problem you dealt with earlier so it was easier for you to implement a fix !

Thread Information