DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I can give you an example, as I noticed the same issue just half an hour ago in my game:
    Attachment 56216
    The Warlock in this screenshot casts Hellish Rebuke using a lvl 3 spell slot, the damage of the spell is calculated as if it was a lvl 9 spell slot.

It worked until the previous version of BCEG, so probably something that was changed in that extension recently.

EDIT: edited to upload a better screenshot of a test I did disabling ALL the extensions except BCEG and Advanced Spell Damage.
    The main issue, after looking, is that both extensions change 'getPCPowerAction' but dont call the original function... So in this case BCEG replaced the version in ASD which replaces the ruleset version. ( Also some other issue with NPC character sheet interaction that I did not look into... the drag from a npc sheet instead of the CT damage... )

Not sure on a good solution to this.. will have to have a think.. and maybe some DM chat between the extensions.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    The main issue, after looking, is that both extensions change 'getPCPowerAction' but dont call the original function... So in this case BCEG replaced the version in ASD which replaces the ruleset version. ( Also some other issue with NPC character sheet interaction that I did not look into... the drag from a npc sheet instead of the CT damage... )

Not sure on a good solution to this.. will have to have a think.. and maybe some DM chat between the extensions.

-pete
    I'm hopeful you and @rhagelstrom will find a solution to make the two extensions compatible with each other: BCEG and ASD are two of the three extensions I don't want to give up for D&D 5e!

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    I'm hopeful you and @rhagelstrom will find a solution to make the two extensions compatible with each other: BCEG and ASD are two of the three extensions I don't want to give up for D&D 5e!
    When I get chance I think I'm going to try and see if I can make my function work with calling the ruleset versions and then patching around it... but I'm not sure on this... at the worst case I have to update for changes in this function on the ruleset that my code does not have.

BCEG only add a couple of small sections into this function, I can probably duplicate those in mine... but then BCEG overrides my code and that will always be the case... unless the extensions can also be made to call the ruleset and patch around the results etc..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    It seems like, with the latest update, Better Combat Effects Gold breaks this extension for some reason...
    v3.9 release has fixes for BCEG (v5.6) conflict.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; February 27th, 2023 at 17:50.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Conflict with Kit'N'Kaboodle

There appears to be a conflict with MeAndUnique's Kit'N'Kaboodle extension. It is preventing an heals, effects from being used on self. Appears to be overriding the combat tracker as the message when adding an effect to self from KnK is [ERROR] Effect dropped pm target which is not listed in the combat tracker. Works fine when Advanced Spell Damage and Common Core are turned off. Tested in a comapign with just these extensions. Images attached

Healing with KNK and B9 extension
    HealwithB9.png
    Healing with KNK only
    HealwithoutB9.png
    Effect with KNK and B9 extension
    effectwithb9.png
    Effect with KNK only
    effectwithoutb9.png

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    There appears to be a conflict with MeAndUnique's Kit'N'Kaboodle extension. It is preventing an heals, effects from being used on self. Appears to be overriding the combat tracker as the message when adding an effect to self from KnK is [ERROR] Effect dropped pm target which is not listed in the combat tracker. Works fine when Advanced Spell Damage and Common Core are turned off. Tested in a comapign with just these extensions. Images attached

HealwithB9.png
    Healing with KNK only
    HealwithoutB9.png
    effectwithb9.png
    Effect with KNK only
    effectwithoutb9.png
    Thanks, I'll take a look to reproduce these.
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post

HealwithB9.png
    Healing with KNK only
    HealwithoutB9.png
    effectwithb9.png
    Effect with KNK only
    effectwithoutb9.png
    released v3.10 should fix this conflict with Kit'n'Kaboodle.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thanks for the fast fix. This appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks

Hey,

Do you think it is possible to parameterize the healing as for the damage like the picture below (and without having the parse structures in the description)?

Capture.PNG
    Thanking you
    Vaall

Quote Originally Posted by Vaall View Post
    Hey,

Do you think it is possible to parameterize the healing as for the damage like the picture below (and without having the parse structures in the description)?

Capture.PNG
    Thanking you
    Vaall
    Can you be more specific ? ( As you have talk about healing, and damage and parse structures etc.. )

My guess would be that you need to change from a 'heal' power for the spell, into a 'effect' power. So that you have a text line you can 'HEAL: 3d6' and then you can use the spell damage and some of the extra tags like [DEX] or the added ones line [ULVL] etc..

Is that the sort of answer, or give me additional feedback to clarify your idea further, as I'm always open to ideas and features. ( The dont break current etc, as I have to make sure compatibility etc... )

-pete

EDIT:

The other thing you might be thinking is like below.. having the likes of 'type(undead)' in the heal tags ?
    heal.JPG

As you can see if you have advanced weapon damage also enabled, both normal weapons can use the extra tags. But 'power' damage types can also have the 'type(undead)' and the 'lvl[n]' markers. See the image and the first 2 rolls of damages using the 2 different damage 'power' lines.

The 'heal' does not get the extra control that 'damage' gets from advanced weapon damage extension.

This is one of the reasons for the 'B9 core' so I can bring a common system to allow this sort of control on 'heal' and 'damage' of both the conditional damage tags and the 'lvl' tags etc.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; May 23rd, 2023 at 12:13.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information