DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to Modify a Specific SAVE effect

Hey all - I'm trying to make some homebrew effects that modify specific saves, like an improvement to Constitution saving throws.

I attempted SAVE: 2 [CON] and it gave a net result of SAVE: 5 ...the character that I applied the effect to has a CON modifier of +3 so it pulled in that number and added it to the 2.

I understand I can use the command SAVE: (n) [range] ...which effects all saves, but I'm lost on how to get more specific than that.

If there is a way to modify specific save scores I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Please post ruleset specific questions in the correct sub forum or let us know what ruleset you are asking about

Effects are modifiers, like you noticed, so they are not absolute values, they don't set the save (or attribute) to the absolute value, rather they modify it by the amount of the effect. You will have to change the value you want. There are a few ways to use things like level or proficiency, but those are going to be ruleset dependent. The wiki should have specifics for what you need, found under the help menu above.

Whiteout trying or looking at the wiki myself, I suspect you would want something like;
    SAVE: 2 constitution, range

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ahhh whoops I am referring to dnd 5e...

Newb mistake, I didn't scroll down on the forum main page to see that there are specific forums for each game ruleset. I will post there in the future.

Your suggestion did work. Once I spelled out the full word instead of trying just CON it was fine...the wiki didn't really make that clear to me, but I'm no programmer so certainly it was above my head in how to execute it. Trial and error - thanks for the help!

Thread Information