Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Conditional Action Effects (IF, IFT, and IFA)

Just want to verify that there is no functionality for this in FG. It looks like "IF" covers the PC and "IFT" covers what the PC is attacking, but there isn't a "IFA" for something attacking the PC. In other words, there isn't any way to do this:

IFA: SIZE(=medium); AC: 1

Also, I can't get CRIT to work with IFT. This coding does not set the crit range correctly when the IFT condition is used:

IFT: TYPE (giant); CRIT: 19

CRIT: 19 works
    IFT: TYPE (giant); DMG: 1d8 works

But if when I swap out DMG with CRIT it doesn't work.

For reference, this is all around conditional coding the 5e Feat "Giant Slayer".

Blog Entries
    IFT is for If Target. There is no way to test for incoming Attacks, etc.

Only certain modifiers can be used with the Target IFT. These should all be marked as such in the wiki. Not sure which ones, but from the behavior you mention I suspect Size is not one of them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Both IF and IFT work on both PCs and NPCs. It all depends on where the effect is. If the effect is on a PC the IF refers to the PC and IFT refers to it’s target. Similarly if the effect are on the NPC then IF refers to the NPC and IFT refers to it’s target. The target of IFT can be anything that the PC or NPC targets. You’ll find more details in video five in this series https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E

As regards CRIT this will not work with IF or IFT. Only targeted effects can be used in such statements. See the Wiki; in the last colum you will see a T against effects which are targeted effects and so can be used in IF and IFT effects. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    IFT is for If Target. There is no way to test for incoming Attacks, etc.

Only certain modifiers can be used with the Target IFT. These should all be marked as such in the wiki. Not sure which ones, but from the behavior you mention I suspect Size is not one of them.

IF and IFT tests for conditions and conditional modifiers. SIZE is a conditional modifier.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

IFT also works in reverse for defensive targeted modifiers - AC is such a modifier. Think of it as "IF the creature Targeting me.." for defensive modifier effects that can be targeted.

So, IFT: SIZE(medium); AC:1 on a creature will give that creature a +1 to AC when attacked by medium sized creatures.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    IF and IFT tests for conditions and conditional modifiers. SIZE is a conditional modifier.
    You are right of course, meant CRIT and not SIZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    IFT also works in reverse for defensive targeted modifiers - AC is such a modifier. Think of it as "IF the creature Targeting me.." for defensive modifier effects that can be targeted.

So, IFT: SIZE(medium); AC:1 on a creature will give that creature a +1 to AC when attacked by medium sized creatures.
    Oh, I didn't know that, or forgot that

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok so IFT applies to both targeted and attacking I did not know that.

What about the IFT type crit coding?

As I said above CRIT is not a targeted effect so it can’t be used in an IF or IFT effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As I said above CRIT is not a targeted effect so it can’t be used in an IF or IFT effect.
    IF works always Only IFT stuff needs the targetability of an effect See the screenshot:

(though I am not sure about conditions as in IFT: ...; invisible; at least in 3.5e/PF1 conditions can never be combined with IFT even when targetable. But could be quickly tested )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know where targetable effect modifiers are defined in the 5E ruleset code? I want to add a few custom modifiers for the DCC ruleset if that's possible.

Thread Information