DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 19 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Look. I could go into a long tale about the development of Vampire and how long that took and what a shitshow the launch was.. Safe to say: Patience my young padawan.... eh... wrong universe. Anyhooo... seriously. If this comes out before 2024. Be happy!

As your teacher, Mr. Spock, is fond of saying, 'I like to think there always are ...possibilities.' ... Admiral Kirk in Star Trek II ... but I wouldn't expect anything for a couple months, quality takes a LONG time and that's if it doesn't get sent back again.

Well, patience is a virtue, just not one of mine. Lol. Besides, been waiting since the beginning of the Pandemic and before. I think I have the right to get a little itchy about it. I'd love to be able to run more online and can't wait for a supported campaign set that helps a bit more with the Combat. I love the system, but have had a lot of complaints from my group about combat rules, especially Starship Combat, and anything that makes it run more smoothly will be a big help.

So, a month later and I feel like its about time to ask about updates on getting the Star Trek Adventures rules set released. Does anyone have any Idea of a time frame here?

No, you'll have to ask Nerd Eye (the devs).

Thanks Vegaserik. I'm just going to let it go though. I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing. I've given it 2 years and more, paid my $10 a month to be able to run a community version that isn't supported, waiting for an official product that supports the game I've been trying to run. All I seem to get for asking 'when' is 'We don't know', 'Its the other guy's fault' (Dev or Smiteworks, depending on who I'm asking), 'be patient and stop asking, or just, 'we don't answer that question'. That's just not great customer service and makes me feel like the smaller games (i.e. 'not' DnD 5e) are not really held in much importance. I think I'm going to take some previous advice, suspend paying for a bit and try foundry. Stay safe everyone.

This is exactly why you haven't heard anything from us officially as SmiteWorks on a STA official product. Any systems other than D&D and Pathfinder/Starfinder are driven entirely by community developers. Because they are community developers and developing on their own schedules, we have no control over if or when a final project might be delivered.

To be clear, we have received exactly one prototype of the STA ruleset back in October 2021; and it did not work with the base system well enough for us to consider a paid product release. We sent back to developer with advice/suggestions on how to address the issues. Since then, we have received no further updates on this product, other than the ones you have seen on the forums.

We're hoping to have some news on other Modiphius products soon which I think you will like, but this one was already being worked on by a developer contracted by Modiphius.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    Thanks Vegaserik. I'm just going to let it go though. I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing. I've given it 2 years and more, paid my $10 a month to be able to run a community version that isn't supported, waiting for an official product that supports the game I've been trying to run. All I seem to get for asking 'when' is 'We don't know', 'Its the other guy's fault' (Dev or Smiteworks, depending on who I'm asking), 'be patient and stop asking, or just, 'we don't answer that question'. That's just not great customer service and makes me feel like the smaller games (i.e. 'not' DnD 5e) are not really held in much importance. I think I'm going to take some previous advice, suspend paying for a bit and try foundry. Stay safe everyone.
    Yeah unfortunately Smite Works has very little to do with it. They only run it through quality checks once it's given to them. Nerd Eye did Conan which after two years of being out still isn't to where I'd expect a $45 ruleset to be. You're not the only one disappointed with Nerd Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    paid my $10 a month to be able to run a community version that isn't supported
    We've had some pretty good experiences (and no major issues) with the 2022 community version. You'll need to input the data yourself but that's generally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Yeah unfortunately Smite Works has very little to do with it. They only run it through quality checks once it's given to them. Nerd Eye did Conan which after two years of being out still isn't to where I'd expect a $45 ruleset to be. You're not the only one disappointed with Nerd Eye.
    Hi Vegaserik. I get that, but it was Smiteworks that hired Nerd Eye and haven't really done anything about it. He's one guy doing the project on his off time. I may be wrong, but I think they picked the lowest bidder and it shows. I get the feeling this wouldn't have happened if a game by Wizards of the Coast, or Paizo were involved. In any case, this campaign has been important to me. Just to provide context, I've always wanted to run a TOS Star Trek Game...I mean for decades. But I never had the right system, or enough players who were interested in that sub-sub genre. I finally have both, but I feel like I picked the wrong VTT, or in any case, chose to stay with the wrong one. I don't know. I'm just afraid that the lack of official support is really beginning to threaten my players desire to stay with the campaign. The Community build, the early one from a few years ago, was a starting point, but its never been functional enough.

Thread Information