5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dpeebles View Post
    Having detachable child windows is extremely common, however, I have no idea how Unity would handle it. I can't think of a game that I know is written in Unity (admittedly, not a long list) that does this, but every single application that opens a window or message box that can be dragged off the main application window is doing it. I can't think of many applications that use the ability as a prominent UI design, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

I'd love this ability. I use FGU for my IRL D&D game and I'd love to have my laptop hooked to my TV so I can show my players maps, NPCs, and other "handouts" on the big screen.
    As Trenloe mentions it is possible to display a second instance on a different monitor from the same computer.

Unfortunately the ability to move child windows outside of the main window is not something that Unity can do.

See comment from one of the devs here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Unity is not designed to be a windowing environment, i.e. the ability to move subwindows outside the main program window boundaries, and is very unlikely to be able to do so. It is worth noting that even if Fantasy Grounds was developed in an environment that supported multiple windows (which would require separate codebases for each platform), windows within Fantasy Grounds are not windows. At least not in the way that the OS defines them. Windows in Fantasy Grounds are defined in the ruleset XML and have no contextual meaning outside of Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Lots of people do this. Start a second instance of FG on the same computer and join with an IP address of localhost Then show this player instance on the big screen.
    Ok, this is workable. I didn't realize this was possible. Thanks very much for the tip!

I haven't been using FGU for very long, and honestly, I don't intend to use it to it's fullest capabilities.

Thread Information