FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FGU demo keep asking for licence

Im trying to install FGU demo but i cant get past this, even if i click "continue" nothing happens
    fgu.png

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to FGU forums for better visibility.
    All I can think is to reboot the computer and try again. Can you tell us which operating system and if you are installing from here of Steam?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have the same problem.
    Restarted computer, but the same problem.
    Downloaded from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/...oundsUnity.php
    Using Windows 10, release 2004

Just a quick update.
    I did try to download it from Steam and that was flawless.
    So the installer from FG homepage doesnt work, but download Demo from Steam does.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmric View Post
    Just a quick update.
    So the installer from FG homepage doesnt work, but download Demo from Steam does.
    Pretty sure the installer itself does work, just walked my friend through setting it up yesterday. There's probably something more 'tricky' going on for your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmric View Post
    Just a quick update.
    It's the same installer no matter where you download it from.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I managed to make it work, somehow.
    I went to the folder where the FGU was installed and "run as adm" the "FantasyGroundsUpdater". The updater opened and after 5 or 6 failed updates(more than 3 hours of waiting) it finally updated and i could login and join a game. Kinda buggy if you ask me XD

Im using windows 10 and downloaded fgu from the site

Who is your ISP?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSpirit View Post
    I managed to make it work, somehow.
    I went to the folder where the FGU was installed and "run as adm" the "FantasyGroundsUpdater". The updater opened and after 5 or 6 failed updates(more than 3 hours of waiting) it finally updated and i could login and join a game. Kinda buggy if you ask me XD

Im using windows 10 and downloaded fgu from the site
    This sounds like flood protection or 'Advanced Security' type of stuff either in your security software or that provided by your ISP. i.e. it's only allowing so much to be downloaded before it blocks it and you have to restart the request.

As Mr Z asks, who is your ISP?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

what is a "isp"? i google it and if it is "public security institute" I live in brazil - Rio de Janeiro. i dont know much about isp

A friend who plays with me had the exactly same issue, good thing i got to walk him trought it

Thread Information