STAR TREK 2d20

Clicks cause script errors.

I could not find this in the forum so far...

I have a problem when I try to play on one specific DMs table.
    Anyone else connecting to that table causes no errors whatsoever, but I cause error messages. So, we first suspected it was something on my side.

However, if I connect to other DMs (I play in several West Marches campaigns and thus do have quite a large number of potential DMs) everything runs fine as well. This in turn makes us suspect the DM's table.

While I am connected to this one DM, any click I do on the table causes an error message "Script Error: [string "scripts/Host.lua"]66: attempt to index local 'parentNode'(a nil value)" - the first time the error appears, it usualy is line 66, after that it#s always 66.. If I click twice, the error appears twice, if I click 10 times, 10 error messages and so on. If I do not click, nothing happens. (I believe keypresses also result in errors.)
    Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this error?

The DM has only the FG fonts, the WOTC skin and a WOTC decal running extension-wise, AFAIK. Being a player, my own extensions should not play a role as they aren't loaded, AFAIK.
    Last edited by Roach; September 9th, 2020 at 21:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I could not find this in the forum so far...

I have a problem when I try to play on one specific DMs table.
    Anyone else connecting to that table causes no errors whatsoever, but I cause error messages. So, we first suspected it was something on my side.

However, if I connect to other DMs (I play in several West Marches campaigns and thus do have quite a large number of potential DMs) everything runs fine as well. This in turn makes us suspect the DM's table.

While I am connected to this one DM, any click I do on the table causes an error message "Script Error: [string "scripts/Host.lua"]66: attempt to index local 'parentNode'(a nil value)" - the first time the error appears, it usualy is line 66, after that it#s always 66.. If I click twice, the error appears twice, if I click 10 times, 10 error messages and so on. If I do not click, nothing happens. (I believe keypresses also result in errors.)
    Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this error?

The DM has only the FG fonts, the WOTC skin and a WOTC decal running extension-wise, AFAIK. Being a player, my own extensions should not play a role as they aren't loaded, AFAIK.
    Host.lua sounds like something related to an extension Ask that DM about whether there are really no other extensions

Blog Entries
    It normally wouldn't matter, but also check that your version and the DMs version of FG are the same.

The next thing I would try would be to delete your player cache for that campaign. Its possible something got corrupted during download.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information