DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Secrets of Magic Playtest

Paizo has released the Summoner and Magus playtest for the upcoming Secrets of Magic book here: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v57...aytest#discuss

To help facilitate testing for us FG users, I have thrown together a module for us to use.

I added some of the class actions as spells in the style of the (SR) Drag and Drop module, but I did not create All in one character sheets because there was only a handful of actions to add.

For the Summoner, I did not create NPCs for the Eidolons because I think they will best be handled as a PC sheet.

Tested and working in both FGU and FGC.

Updated to fix some typos and unsupported characters
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kaernunnos; September 9th, 2020 at 22:23.

Very cool. Thanks for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    For some reason I could not get the actions tab to generate the class spell and focus spell sections for these classes reliably (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't).
    To add a spell class the ruleset needs to know the key ability. It does this by looking for "since your key ability is XXXX" in the spellcasting class feature. The Summoner has this, but the Magus doesn't. I know that the Magus doesn't have Intelligence as their key ability, but this doesn't effect spell DCs and attack rolls - so adding "since your key ability is Intelligence" is slightly incorrect, but will set the spell ability correctly, and allow the spell class to be added.

Minor typos:
    - in the Magus Key Ability entry: "Strenght or Dexterity"
    - Some characters FG doesn't display correctly are present - primarily apostrophe and long dash.

I'll see about adding the spells/level info to a future ruleset release.
    Last edited by Trenloe; September 9th, 2020 at 10:12.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Very cool. Thanks for doing this.

Minor typos:
    - in the Magus Key Ability entry: "Strenght or Dexterity"
    - Some characters FG doesn't display correctly are present - primarily apostrophe and long dash.
    That's what I get for staying up past 2 am to power through. Will do another pass when I get off work.

Thank you for this! I was expecting something like this to pop up eventually, but this was fast. Much appreciated, this will help a lot since I'm asking my players to help playtest these classes!

We asked to get the pre-release info off Paizo, and it never came through. So I had this on my long list to try to get out this week. Very nice of @kaernunnos to do it instead. Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updated to fix the typos and unsupported characters

Very awesome, Kaernunnos!
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Whenever I tried building a Magus using the step by step tracker, it didn't allow me to get past Step 3: Class, therefore I was never able to add my 4 free boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Goblins View Post
    Whenever I tried building a Magus using the step by step tracker, it didn't allow me to get past Step 3: Class, therefore I was never able to add my 4 free boosts.
    You must have the first version with a typo in the key ability. Either update to the fixed version here or manually fix the typo in the magus key ability field.

The ruleset release today has the correct spell progression per level for these two classes. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mber-15th-2020

Thread Information