DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Initiative

Initiative

Odd question as I try and make the BRP module fit my upcoming game... since the combat tracker currently uses Dex for initiative order, how hard would it be to make that say Current or Max Sanity? Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured out a solution to get it to pull the number from Max Sanity. Now I just need to figure out a few more things to relabel.

Well the code can be a bit of a quagmire of old code mixed with new. The CT is set to organize on the Dex currently as that was how the old code had it set up. You could create an extension that changes the onSort behavior to make it sort the CT on any element that shows on the CT. If you wish it to be sanity based, a visible or invisible number needs to be present in the CT entry for it to be sort able. Hope this helps.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

That way probably makes more sense. I'm not sure I'm up to an extension, but I did find in the code a spot where the CT gets abilities.dex or something like that and changed it to san.max, then relabeled Sanity to something else on the character sheet. So the players have to enter the values (which is 1d10+a stat) but when they enter that value, the CT uses that order, so that is good enough for me until I get better with how these things work. Here's a picture if anyone is curious.

SHEET 1.jpg

I changed a few other fields as well on the different pages. Using the Runequest 2 ext, I customized the skills.

SHEET 2.jpg

On the powers page I changed the Campaign Level and the other field there to make it more relevant to the Legend game I'm hoping to run.

SHEET 3.jpg

On the Notes page, I managed to move Profession to a longer field but wasn't able to figure out how to create a new name for the old PROFESSION field. My attempt just left it blank.

SHEET 4.jpg

I want to learn how to make extensions to do this properly but I might still have a long way to go. My previous attempts with copying and pasting things from proper extensions didn't work and I wasn't always able to figure out why because I am completely ignorant when it comes to coding.

It is a generic system, so any tinkering to help you run the system is a plus in my book. Just ensure to back up your changes as if the ruleset updates, those will be replaced with the updated code. Extensions save you from this. There are quite a few guides in the forums on extension creation. One tip I can give is to check out a free one and unpack it to see some of how it's made up. Start replacing things in the extension.xml and go from there. Tinkering might get you further in your quest. Plus you can always ask questions related to coding in the Workshop forum.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Appreciate that advice. I definitely have backed up my ruleset and I'll start going through the extension guides to start replacing my changes with an extension. Thanks again.

Thread Information