STAR TREK 2d20

Group penalties/bonuses?

Is it possible now (or to implement in the future) a way to apply a penalty to the whole party (and possibly everyone in the combat tracker)? For instance, if it's raining, and everyone is taking a -2 to their Perception checks.
    I know I can drag a -2 over to everyone on the effects. But I thought it'd be nice to apply it to everyone. Or all monsters. Or all PCs. At the same time. Then I can click it off if I need to.

Blog Entries
    Sure it's possible, with an extension.

But how it might be done in an existing game is going to depend upon which ruleset you are using, which you didn't tell us
    The closes I know of is the Party Sheet in 5E, but that only affects rolls made from there, and not from the character sheets, CT, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My mistake. Pathfinder 2E.
    I didn't mention it because usually when I post in the specific forum I play in, someone comments, "That sounds like a Core RPG problem." I can't win. haha

Blog Entries
    Not a problem, but when not posting in a ruleset specific forum, just let us know what ruleset you are trying to do it in. That way if it is ruleset specific, folks can give an appropriate reply.

I don't know or use PF2E, so I can't help further on this. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with other ideas

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Moved: PF2e specific request

I'd like to expand on LordEntrails response that this is more of a PF2E request than a FGU one. I know you said you've encountered some saying it's a Core issue, but this would depend on additions to the ruleset that you are looking have investigated. This also gives more visibility to the developer of the ruleset that you are using to see your question as some don't visit the FGU support forum very often or it can get lost in the many bugs and feature requests for FGU. Just hoping to help in getting it more exposure for you. This is something I wanted to investigate for Core based rulesets and think expanding the CT to include group based modifiers might be something interesting. You are referring to everyone involved and not just PCs or NPCs, correct?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

It's something that I've considered to add to the PF2 ruleset, but probably not for quite a while yet. I'm of the opinion that a lot of the code would be generic (checking for effects being active etc., which is not really related to any specific ruleset) and so would be nice if a lot of the code and controls were in CoreRPG for all rulesets to use - just like all of the base effect controls and code are in CoreRPG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree. The big issue with any Core feature addition is finding a place for it if it's not there. I have been wanting to expand the CT to basically merge with the partysheet. Make it a one stop shop. Try to streamline and expunge some of the windows that need to be open.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for the replies, everyone. And, as always, thanks to everyone for being patient with me when I don't quite get the protocol all the time =)
    And, to Superteddy, yea, I was thinking penalties and bonuses that would apply to everyone. All "actors" in the tracker.
    I suppose it would be handy to have the ability to go by friendly, neutral, and hostile. But what sparked it was, for fun, I'm creating a module for the Serpent's Skull adventure path, making it for Pathfinder 2nd edition. And in that first adventure, it says that it rains on the island about half the time, giving penalties to Perception, etc. So I thought.. wouldn't it be neat if I could apply circumstance penalties across the board, instead of doing them all individually.
    Looks like maybe we'll get it in the future, since others seem to be interested as well!

I guess for the time being you could make a NPC called "GLOBAL EFFECTS" and have a -2 AC effect, -2 ATK effect, +2 AC effect, +2 ATK Effect etc etc.

Then use the map to select all the targets that are getting it and fire off the effect from the "Global Effects" Npc
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Hey. That's a really clever idea that I should've thought of, but didn't. Thanks, Willot.

Thread Information