STAR TREK 2d20

how do I make a map?

I have an ultimate license. I'm trying to just make a map under CoC so I can GM a session. The tutorials keep talking about a map window. I don't seen anything like that in the controls. The tutorial images don't correspond to what I'm seeing on my computer (using a Mac and the very latest version of FGU). All I've got is the blank screen with the Call of Cthulhu logo in the middle of it. There are the icons along the right hand side. One of them is Assets with images including the images for the module. None of them say maps. Wiki tutorial says to drag the image to the "assets and maps window". None such seems to exist. I've tried dragging the map image to the main window that says Call of Cthulhu but nothing happens.

This is crazy-making (missing sanity rols!). What do I do?!?!?!?

Joe

In Unity, maps are images or rather, any image can be a map.

I think you can still place your images in the relevant folder in your computer, no idea how you would do it with a mac, once they are in that folder then you should be able to access them via the folders in Unity, but I don't use Unity so I am not 100% sure of this

Sorry, let me try again. I have images. No problem. I can double-click in FGU on them and they blow up into an image. I'm saying there is no place to drag them to so that we can use the image as a map. In the tutorial under D&D I had no trouble building a map using tiles as directed. I'm saying that when I create a CoC campaign, there is no map window. Where is the map window? Or if it is the main window with the C of C logo, then it's not working because it's not letting me drag images from the asset window into it to allow the players to see it and to move their pieces around on it. I'm wondering if this is a bug. Thanks!

FGU.jpg

Sorry, let me try again. I have images. No problem. I can double-click in FGU on them and they blow up into an image. I'm saying there is no place to drag them to so that we can use the image as a map. In the tutorial under D&D I had no trouble building a map using tiles as directed. I'm saying that when I create a CoC campaign, there is no map window. Where is the map window? Or if it is the main window with the C of C logo, then it's not working because it's not letting me drag images from the asset window into it to allow the players to see it and to move their pieces around on it. I'm wondering if this is a bug. Thanks!

FGU.jpg

figured it out!

The documentation about "assets and maps window" is obsolete so you just have to ignore it. We figured out what you do is open up the image from the assets and then right-click to share it with the players and you can then add the grid and all that kind of stuff.

Yes it isn't so intuitive lol
    glad you got there

Thread Information