STAR TREK 2d20

Odd Connection Question, Local PC and Online PCs to Same FGC Game

I'm trying to use FGC stream my game and I don't want to stream a capture of my main DM screen. I'd rather not have the viewers see what I'm planning. I got FGC setup on my main computer and set up the port forwarding in my router and everything works with this computer, run the test and it succeeds. I just realized that FGC doesn't allow for multiple monitor support and because of my weird monitor setup stretching between screens is far from an ideal solution (in addition to wanting to stream). I was wanting to have one instance of the FGC running on my main computer for running the game and a second demo instance of FGC running on my streaming computer so I could capture what the players are seeing.

My idea was to just have the demo version join and I'd capture that window vs my DM FGC window.

I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to setup two of the same port forwarding rules for different computers and when I try to run a test on the demo install on my streaming computer it just sits at In Progress for an insane amount of time. I'm guessing I need to do something more with my router to have it allow 1802 to both computers but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something more direct to allow local players to connect. The final goal would be to have my main DM FGC with 1 local FGC Demo connected and multiple online FGC clients connecting to my DM session. I don't know if this is possible but hopefully someone might have another idea or a way to get this to work.

Thanks in advance,

Hope you're all staying safe and well
    Keep rolling!

Blog Entries
    Only the host needs port forwarding. Player/clients don't. It's a good thing because you can not port forward a single port to two different computers on the same address. (It would be like telling the post office that all mail that is sent to address 1802 is supposed to go to house A and house B. Can't do it since the mail has to be unique, not duplicated.)

Computers on the same network need to use the internal IP address of the host computer, not the alias or the external IP address. Most routers will not allow traffic that originates inside the network to go outside it and then back in. That is generally considered bad/suspicious and is therefore blocked. Hence use the Internal IP address for your second computer and everything will be fine.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Awesome! Thanks for the info i'll giver a shot I figured it was something easy

Any particular reason you don't want to use localhost on the same machine to stream from?

Thread Information