DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    I've amended the supposed fixed version of my extension with another fix :P
    This in in post #25 again, for a few of you to test again before I update the version in post #1.

Hopefully this addresses the issues.

Cheers, Steve.
    Its much closer. I am still experiencing a slight bug.

Observed behavior: When an npc is first added to the CT and then to a map, the SA hide button does not appear to work when clicked (the tokens remain visible in the CT). However, if you then immediately show the tokens and hide them again, it does work. It appears that the first time pressing the hide button on a new NPC does set some value, but doesnt refresh the CT filter.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. add npc to CT
    2. drag to map
    3. use selection tool to select NPC
    4. click the SA deactivate tokens button (red X)
    token still appears in the CT.
    5. click the activate token button (green check), then the deactivate button again.
    token now appears/disappears as expected.

All in all, its a very easy bug to work around, but if you can figure out how to make sure the filter is reapplied after the first click, it would be nice.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Its much closer. I am still experiencing a slight bug.

Observed behavior: When an npc is first added to the CT and then to a map, the SA hide button does not appear to work when clicked (the tokens remain visible in the CT). However, if you then immediately show the tokens and hide them again, it does work. It appears that the first time pressing the hide button on a new NPC does set some value, but doesnt refresh the CT filter.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. add npc to CT
    2. drag to map
    3. use selection tool to select NPC
    4. click the SA deactivate tokens button (red X)
    token still appears in the CT.
    5. click the activate token button (green check), then the deactivate button again.
    token now appears/disappears as expected.

All in all, its a very easy bug to work around, but if you can figure out how to make sure the filter is reapplied after the first click, it would be nice.
    Hi Mattekure,
    Thanks for testing for me
    I'm not seeing the behaviour you are describing though, if I follow your steps everything works exactly as intended i.e. the 1st click of the red x button removes the actor from the CT.
    Are you sure you have the latest version of the SA extension? I think one was posted yesterday.
    Also, just to be sure, I'm testing in FGC, not FGU incase this makes a difference.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Mattekure,
    Thanks for testing for me
    I'm not seeing the behaviour you are describing though, if I follow your steps everything works exactly as intended i.e. the 1st click of the red x button removes the actor from the CT.
    Are you sure you have the latest version of the SA extension? I think one was posted yesterday.
    Also, just to be sure, I'm testing in FGC, not FGU incase this makes a difference.

Cheers, Steve
    Hmm, I am testing only in FGU, so that may be a difference. I am using the most recent versions of both extensions, downloaded this morning for testing. I created a brand new campaign in FGU to test and I am still seeing this.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I just tested in FGC and the behavior does not occur. It is only in FGU.

I just tried with only SA loaded in FGU and saw the same thing happen.
    CAn you try that also? And if it still happens it may be an idea to give Celestian a heads up about it.

Cheers, Steve.

I just tried with only SA loaded in FGU and saw the same thing happen.
    CAn you try that also? And if it still happens it may be an idea to give Celestian a heads up about it.

Cheers, Steve.
    I will test and post there if I see it. thanks

Posted the updated version to post #1, which should be compatible iwth Celestians Situational Awareness extension.

Thanks to Celestian for allowing me to copy his code.

Cheers, Steve.

Do you have DM's like mine, that sometimes forget about Lair actions, Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistances?
    IF so they may find this extension useful
    Such a cheek. I never forget about lair or legendary actions honest. No more magical items for you!

However, it has been a nice addition so thank you

Stv, some fellow DM's and I were just talking about needed an extension that does what yours does, but we did have some ideas that might make a nice addition to your extension if I may suggest:

- Randomly PM/Whisper to the DM "Hey, X Creature has legendary actions still available, isn't now a good time to use one?". It could send these whispers when a PC ends a turn.
    - You could add Lair Actions to this too and remind the DM with a whisper at Initiative Count 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Stv, some fellow DM's and I were just talking about needed an extension that does what yours does, but we did have some ideas that might make a nice addition to your extension if I may suggest:

- Randomly PM/Whisper to the DM "Hey, X Creature has legendary actions still available, isn't now a good time to use one?". It could send these whispers when a PC ends a turn.
    - You could add Lair Actions to this too and remind the DM with a whisper at Initiative Count 20.
    Hi Tyr, (Your names too long to type :P )
    I Hope you find the extension useful. Not a bad idea about the whisper notification. I'll see about adding something like that in the future.
    It won't be for a while yet though unfortunately.

Cheers, Steve.

Thread Information