Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

5e Legendary Assistant extension.

**EDIT**
    Now available onn The Forge
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/590/view

Do you have DM's like mine, that sometimes forget about Lair actions, Legendary Actions and Legendary Resistances?
    IF so they may find this extension useful

How it works.

At the top right of the screen in the sidebar is a new button with a unicorn graphic.
    This button opens the 'Legendary Creatures' window.
    This window will show any actors in the Combat Tracker that have legendary actions or resistances.
    If the actor is eligible to use a legendary action or resistance and is not their turn, then they will be highlighted in blue.

In the Combat Tracker there are also Unicorn buttons.
    Pressing these will open the new Legendary Actions sub window in the actors sheet in the Combat Tracker.
    In this window there are 2 editable fields to allow a numeric entry of how many legendary actions and legendary resistances the actor has. This has been hard-capped at 6 for each entry.
    When the actor has legendary actions/resistances then tick boxes are made available to keep track of how many actions and reactions have been used.
    The number of used legendary actions will automatically reset at the start of the creatures next turn.

The number fields and tick boxes are duplicated in the new 'Legendary Creatures' window. Having this window open will allow the DM to always see which creatures have legendary actions/resistances available even if they are not currently displayed in the Combat Tracker window.
    Clicking on the creatures icon in the Legendary Creatures window will move that creature into view in the Combat Tracker without changing the currently active creature.

If a creature is added to the Combat Tracker and it has 'Lair' in it's name i.e. 'Dragons Lair' or 'The Lair of Claire the Clairvoyant' then it will automatically be assigned an Initiative value of 20.
    If 'Roll initiative each round' is selected in the options, it will keep an Initiative of 20 each round.

Also in the options window is a new setting of 'Legendary Assistant Highlighting'. This will enable/disable the blue outline of a creature in the Combat Tracker if it has Legendary actions/reactions available.

At the bottom of the Combat Tracker there is a new text box and button for searching in the Combat Tracker window. When there is text inside of the text box and either the button is pressed or the Enter key is pressed then if the search string matches part of a creatures name in the Combat Tracker, that creature is displayed in the Combat Tracker window. Further presses of the button or the Enter key act as a 'find next' function.

If the 'Active Actor' button at the bottom left of the Combat Tracker is pressed, the current active creature is scrolled to and displayed in the Combat Tracker.

This extension has been tested with the base Fantasy Grounds Classic Theme, and also with the Official D&D Theme. I cant guarantee that the graphical portion of the extension will play nicely with any extensions not based on the above two.

I hope some of you find it useful, and as ever if you have any suggestion or find any issues then please let me know in this thread.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit*
    Updated version with a higher loadorder

*Edit*
    Updated version, swapping the search bar from left hand side to the right

*Edit*
    Updated version, providing compatibility with Situational Awareness Extension
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stv; April 4th, 2022 at 20:52.

Very nice.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You should make the load order higher (Somewhere around 80), because where it is now it won't work with Critically Awesome Essentials.

Otherwise great extension. I constantly forget to use legendary traits, and this will help a bunch

If the only thing causing an issue is the loadorder then I'm a happy bunny.
    I don't have the Critically Awesome Essentials, so can't test to see if it works or not.
    I've tried to make the extension as least invasive as possible, but when dealing with the Combat Tracker it's difficult.
    I'll post an updated version to post #1 with a higher loadorder as you've suggested, and see how it goes.

Cheers, Steve.

Combat Timer issue.png

Hi, I found a small issue with the combat timer extension.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sion-(v-0-0-1)

Is it difficult to move one of them a little bit to the side?
    Thank you
    I also wrote to the autor of the other extension.

I may get time to look into this sometime this week. If I do I'll post up a new version in post #1.

Cheers, Steve.

This looks amazing. I forget legendary actions all the frickin' time!

I'll have to try it. But I have a feeling it won't play well w/ the 5e Combat Enchancer.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    You should make the load order higher (Somewhere around 80), because where it is now it won't work with Critically Awesome Essentials.

Otherwise great extension. I constantly forget to use legendary traits, and this will help a bunch
    If I just wanted to update this myself for the extension on my machine what would I update to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    But I have a feeling it won't play well w/ the 5e Combat Enchancer.
    The markers for legendary actions don't reset between rounds, but that's all I noticed with a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    If I just wanted to update this myself for the extension on my machine what would I update to do that?
    STV took care of that in the main file, but for a general note: extract file as a zip file (either rename it or use 7zip). In the Extension file, there is a line that says loadorder, change the number (this time was 80). Rezip the file to a .zip file, and rename it to .ext.

Thread Information