STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Beta MGT2E PC Spacecraft and Combat Tracking extension

Folks,

NOTICE: Been fixing up some bugs today and noticed, if you have the MGT2 Spacecraft Extension that messes up action rolls, and could be the cause for the oddness reported. Please do not use it until I update it.

Before anything, this is a very early version of the PC Spacecraft and Combat Tracker, it's more an Alpha than a Beta but it would be great to get feedback without waiting for the normal release cycle. It should work on v1.1.3 which is LIVE at the moment, though it's better with v1.1.4 which is in TEST.

DO NOT expect to be able to run the Spacecraft Combat Tracker and do everything you can do in the normal CT. This is a work-in-progress. With your help we can make sure it fits best for all players.

DISCLAIMER: Make sure you back up your campaign(s) before using this extension. - Esmdev has been kind enough to give instructions on Post #3.

I won't go into details on how to use an extension, there are plenty of help elsewhere but basically copy this into your extensions folder, then restart Fantasy Grounds and select an MGT2E Campaign (that you've backed up!) and locate the extension: MGT2E PC Spacecraft BETA

What's 'working'
    New sidebar button available 'PC Spacecraft'
    New top sidebar button 'S CT'
    Spacecraft (NPC) should now allow you to add Weapon Actions (bottom of the record sheet)
    Drag Spacecraft (NPC) to the Spacecraft CT and they should appear
    Drag PC Spacecraft to the Spacecraft CT and they should appear
    Spacecraft CT supports the three phases Maneourve, Attack, and Actions.
    Spacecraft CT steps through ships in Init Order for each phase before moving onto the next phase
    Spacecraft NPC record sheet Weapon actions respond to the lock/unlock
    Spacecraft NPC record sheet attack rolls report attack roll (though not hitting/missing)
    Spacecraft NPC record sheet damage rolls report damage total

PC Spacecraft - Creating them
    At the moment you need to manually add a PC Spacecraft. When this appears give it a name, for example I've called mine 'Long Endeavour'. I then find the Scout/Courier ship from the 'Spacecraft' list, and drag that onto the new PC ship. The data from the Scout/Courier has been copied to the newly added 'Long Endeavour'.

What's next
    Add PC Spacecraft's Weapons Attacks - check if attack roll hits and report the effect
    Assign Crew to the PC Craft (might have to use Party Sheet for this)

What's left
    SCT
    Init - needs to order correctly
    Init - need to roll initiative
    Drag damage dice needs to damage the craft
    Attack dice need to take into effect Gunner + DEX DM
    Attack dice need to take into effect Range
    Critical Hits - report them on attack roll
    Critical Hits - roll hit table, record results and track severity
    Sustained Damage
    Sandcasters can add temp armour against a laser attack
    Actions Step - See if something can be done, ie list of buttons - requires Crew
    Lots more!

PC Spacecraft Sheet
    Lots more!

This has been built based on the Starfinder Spaceship CT work completed by SuperTeddy, We've been speaking and he's said I can ask things from him.

BE GENTLE

Updates will come as I finish sections. My current dev version of this extension already has a few new features.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; September 27th, 2020 at 19:03.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Reserved
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

How to backup your campaign (Windows only, not sure about Mac or Linux):

Classic

Open your Fantasy Grounds launcher
    Click the folder button on the top right of the launcher window
    Click campaigns
    If you would like to backup all your campaigns
    -Right click on the campaigns folder and select copy
    -Navigate to Documents
    -Right click and select paste
    If you would like to backup only a selected campaign
    -Enter the campaigns folder
    -Right click on the campaign you want to backup
    -Navigate to Documents
    -Right click and select paste

For Unity the steps are the same except that the Folder button is on the top left side of the launcher window.

ok installed and running

I cannot drag a spacecraft from the Spacecraft button list to the PC Spacecraft button list.

Is this meant to be possible or do we have to create each PC spacecraft manually within the PC Spacecraft button list?

---
    OK I was able to create a spacecraft container within PC Spacecraft then drag a pre-existing spacecraft from the Spacecraft button list into the container and it populated with all the info that was entered in the Spacecraft.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    ok installed and running

I cannot drag a spacecraft from the Spacecraft button list to the PC Spacecraft button list.

Is this meant to be possible or do we have to create each PC spacecraft manually within the PC Spacecraft button list?

---
    OK I was able to create a spacecraft container within PC Spacecraft then drag a pre-existing spacecraft from the Spacecraft button list into the container and it populated with all the info that was entered in the Spacecraft.

thanks
    Yes, that's the only way it can be done until I build a completely new 'window' to hold the PC Spacecraft. Starfinder must use the same add then drag the various frames etc.

So it's on the cards to add a window like the PC selection window, just with PC Spacecraft, shouldn't be hard but I'd prefer to get more stuff working atm.

Cheers,
    MBM

seems to have all the items you note in your first post

awesome to see progress on this ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    seems to have all the items you note in your first post

awesome to see progress on this ;-)
    Awesome, I'm hoping to update it tomorrow or Sunday.

Been addressing the locking of the Weapon Actions on the Spacecraft (NPC) sheet, and hide the traits if they're empty, then work on transferring them to the SCT.

Then add the 'damage' roll action on both the sheet and the SCT.

Cheers,
    MBM

Loaded, tested, works. I added a PC spacecraft, dragged one into it and it filled it in. then named it and added it to the CT and walked it through the phases. Looks great so far!

Folks,

Updated the extension to v1.0.1.

Spacecraft (NPC) Record sheet - the Weapon actions now respond to the lock status
    Spacecraft (NPC) Attack rolls now roll, but don't report hit success
    Spacecraft (NPC) Damage rolls now roll and report the total

Now working on calculating if the Attack roll hits and what the effect is (as 6+ makes it a critical hit)

Cheers,
    MBM

MBM I am not the most FG competent user ...that said I am very excited to see this coming to fruition. Thank you for making it happen.

Thread Information