DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Cook or Chef background?

are there any extensions or mods that include the Cook or Chef background?

Blog Entries
    For what game system (ruleset) and from what source is this background?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E forums.

Not that I know of, but I'm not aware of a lot of the player options, I tend to just work with the player to give them wat they want. Depending how they envision it, probably Nature and Perception skills and Tools; Kitchen (or something)

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok thanks, currently I have him running off the wisdom checks for stuff, but thanks.

Blog Entries
    Whatever works for you guys. But remember that in general the background approach for 5E is that a background gets 2 skills and one tool. Then for roleplaying purposes, anything reasonable for that background they can do. Such as smithing, or driving a wagon, or cooking a meal. If you need to know how good they cook a meal, then wisdom seems the best choice to me.

The reason I chose nature and perception, is that a cook needs to know herbs and plants and animals as ingredients, and then perception as knowing how good the quality of any ingredients are, as well as how 'cooked' something is etc. But again, if a player had a different idea, I would totally go with anything sensible.

I made a halfling barbarian who was a chef. I used a skewer (rapier) and a pot lid (shield). His background was folk hero as he was a traveling chef. I worked it in that his rage was brought on from bad cooking and misuse of ingredients. I channeled my Ramsey with this one. There wasn't any real material or fluff to back it up, but I worked it into the character.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I made a halfling barbarian who was a chef. I used a skewer (rapier) and a pot lid (shield). His background was folk hero as he was a traveling chef. I worked it in that his rage was brought on from bad cooking and misuse of ingredients. I channeled my Ramsey with this one. There wasn't any real material or fluff to back it up, but I worked it into the character.
    lol, nice!

Thread Information