5E Character Create Playlist

Archery Target Automation

Im fairly new to FG, just about got my first session on this platform sorted, but im having a bit of trouble seeing if i can get a target to give out points or text in the chat automatically

My players are about to enter a festival, one of the competitions is an Archery Contest using a shortbow, I'm trying to get the target to give a ruling depending on how the characters hit e.g:

Standard archery scoring and target

White (not on the target)- 1 point - AC 10
    Black (outer circle)- 3 points - AC 12
    Blue (inside black)- 5 points - AC 14
    Red (inside blue)- 7 points - AC 16
    Yellow (inside red)- 9 points - AC 18
    Bullseye (inside yellow) - 10 points - AC 20

Is there anyway i can set up an 'NPC' to act as the target with some effects that would automatically give these scores out depending on the hit rolled by the PCs, like a regular ranged attack against an enemy but instead of 'Hit' or 'Miss' it gives the correct score? Ive spent two hours looking over the FG guides, and my eyes are starting to bleed, if anyone knows of a way i can do this, I'd really appreciate it, if not then no worries and thanks for reading anyway!

Blog Entries
    Not that I can think of.

I would just have them roll an attack roll and then narrate the results.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to count backwards. Set the AC at 22 or 25 or something like that and then have the players roll against that AC. If they hit the AC or better it's a bullseye; if they miss by one it's inner ring; if they miss by 2 then inside blue and so on. Missing by 6 or more is white.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to count backwards. Set the AC at 22 or 25 or something like that and then have the players roll against that AC. If they hit the AC or better it's a bullseye; if they miss by one it's inner ring; if they miss by 2 then inside blue and so on. Missing by 6 or more is white.
    This is probably what I'll have to do.

Thanks for the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBeaves View Post
    Im fairly new to FG, just about got my first session on this platform sorted, but im having a bit of trouble seeing if i can get a target to give out points or text in the chat automatically

My players are about to enter a festival, one of the competitions is an Archery Contest using a shortbow, I'm trying to get the target to give a ruling depending on how the characters hit e.g:

Standard archery scoring and target

White (not on the target)- 1 point - AC 10
    Black (outer circle)- 3 points - AC 12
    Blue (inside black)- 5 points - AC 14
    Red (inside blue)- 7 points - AC 16
    Yellow (inside red)- 9 points - AC 18
    Bullseye (inside yellow) - 10 points - AC 20

Is there anyway i can set up an 'NPC' to act as the target with some effects that would automatically give these scores out depending on the hit rolled by the PCs, like a regular ranged attack against an enemy but instead of 'Hit' or 'Miss' it gives the correct score? Ive spent two hours looking over the FG guides, and my eyes are starting to bleed, if anyone knows of a way i can do this, I'd really appreciate it, if not then no worries and thanks for reading anyway!
    Here is how I would do it

- Create a table, make the dice rolled a D20, add in each result and one for <9 called a miss. Output the results to chat.
    - Then, share the table with the players and let them roll from it, using the modifier in the bottom right hand corner to equal their ranged attack modifier. For npcs put your modifiers in the bottom right hand corner, then drag them to your hotkey bar and right click to rename them to the npcs you will be rolling for.
    -Create a number of targets in the combat tracker and keep track of points via their hitpoints (don't need to create a specific npc, just right click add item)... or use a note pad, or the notes section

The other way to handle it (Faster and prettier in game, but less active for the players and more GM intensive than it needs to be for a likely once off event)

- Create a story generator (click on story, then use the generator button on the top right left corner)
    - Create tables, link their results to the story generator. So that each time you click generate it will output a full round of rolls.

Hopefully this came in time, as it should serve your needs.

Thread Information