5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BloatedNikNak View Post
    What do you mean by "left at some base".

Is that to mean, for example, if your character has a home, and you were to leave some items there?
    That is it exactly. Or a cart and left on it. What I was hoping to see in an extension was maybe new options than just carried, worn, not carried. I was hoping that if there were bags of holding in inventory and identified that it would add another option. Like "in bag" that way you dont worry about confusion and it could keep track of capacity.

If I had the understanding of the program language used I would try to make something myself. The extent of my coding is Visual Basic for macros in Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by warderbrad View Post
    That is it exactly. Or a cart and left on it. What I was hoping to see in an extension was maybe new options than just carried, worn, not carried. I was hoping that if there were bags of holding in inventory and identified that it would add another option. Like "in bag" that way you dont worry about confusion and it could keep track of capacity.

If I had the understanding of the program language used I would try to make something myself. The extent of my coding is Visual Basic for macros in Excel.
    For this could you not just make a new location entitled "left at home" or whatever and group your items under that? Or is any item selected as currently not carried being counted towards additional storage space regardless of whether or not it is actually located in your bag of holding or not?

Unrelated, I notice that encumbrance lists its three fields in the following order: (on the far left) Maximum, Lift/Push/Drag ---- Current (on the far right)
    However, the extension lists additional storage space as: (on the far left) Current, Remaining ---- Maximum (on the far right)

As a suggestion, wouldn't it look a bit more uniform is the extension listed its additional storage space values as: (on the far lef) Maximum, Remaining --- Current (on the far right)?

That way as you look down the sheet, maximum and current capacities would be grouped on the same columns?

I use this extension and find it helpful. I only recently noticed the secondary storage/encumbrance tracking shows up on every player regardless of if they have a bag of holding or not. is there a way to only show it on a character sheet if one of the holding items is equipped? Another possibility would be to allow it to be used for off character storage tracking instead of just being unusable?
    Last edited by eporrini; December 1st, 2020 at 23:23.

Quick Question, I want to add a coin purse to the extension that can hold up to 3000 coins for a total weight of 300 lb. How do I add that to the LUA and get it to show up in the character sheet. I already have the magic item created but I am getting Current is 10 and Remaining is -10.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I use this extension and find it helpful. I only recently noticed the secondary storage/encumbrance tracking shows up on every player regardless of if they have a bag of holding or not. is there a way to only show it on a character sheet if one of the holding items is equipped? Another possibility would be to allow it to be used for off character storage tracking instead of just being unusable?
    I will take a look to see if this is something I can implement.
    Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed the notification.

Quote Originally Posted by joltblaster View Post
    Quick Question, I want to add a coin purse to the extension that can hold up to 3000 coins for a total weight of 300 lb. How do I add that to the LUA and get it to show up in the character sheet. I already have the magic item created but I am getting Current is 10 and Remaining is -10.
    To add the coin purse to the LUA, you first need to change the file extension from .ext to .zip (5E_Additional_Storage.ext to 5E_Additional_Storage.zip)

Once you have done that you will need to extract the zip folder, and within the extracted folder find the "additionalStorage.lua" file. Which is located "5E_Additional_Storage\campaign\scripts".

Using a text editor to edit "additionalStorage.lua" you will see the below code.
    You will need to add a new items, item.
    eg. items["Magic Coin Purse"] = 300;

I have added it in the below code for you already, so if you wish, you can just copy the code below, and replace everything in the additionalStorage.lua file.

Once you have made the changes you wish to, save the file zip the folder again, and once zipped change the file name extension back from .zip to .ext

Code:
    function additionalStorage(nodeChar)

local current = 0;
    	local max = 0;
    	local remaining = 0;
    	local NCount, NWeight;
    	local items = {};

items["Heward's Handy Haversack"] = 120;
    	items["Handy Handkerchief"] = 250;
    	items["Portable Hole"] = 3616683;
    	items["Bag of Holding"] = 500;
    	items["Greater Bag of Holding"] = 1000;
    	items["Superior Bag of Holding"] = 2000;
    	items["Magic Coin Purse"] = 300;

-- Loops through all items in characters inventory.
    	for _,vNode in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "inventorylist")) do
    		-- Loops through 
    		for item,capacity in pairs(items) do
    			if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "name", 0) and	DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) > 0 and DB.getValue(vNode, "isidentified", 0) == 1 then
    				max = capacity
    			end
    			if item == DB.getValue(vNode, "location", 0) and DB.getValue(vNode, "carried", 0) == 0 then
    				NCount = DB.getValue(vNode, "count", 0);
    				if NCount < 1 then
    					NCount = 1;
    				end
    				NWeight = DB.getValue(vNode, "weight", 0);
    				current = current + (NCount * NWeight);
    			end
    		end
    		remaining = max - current;
    	end
    	DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.current", "number", current);
    	DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.remaining", "number", remaining);
    	DB.setValue(nodeChar, "additionalStorage.max", "number", max);
    end

I did something very similar last night. To keep track of the coins I just created a new item that listed the number of the coins since coins are not a 1 coin to 1 lb ratio. I think right now I have it at 1:10 ratio. The players just have to do the conversion from # coins to pounds for each item. I do with there was a way to have separate items listed but I am not sure what level of work that requires.

I did something very similar last night. To keep track of the coins I just created a new item that listed the number of the coins since coins are not a 1 coin to 1 lb ratio. I think right now I have it at 1:10 ratio. The players just have to do the conversion from # coins to pounds for each item. I do with there was a way to have separate items listed but I am not sure what level of work that requires.
    I think you might want to check out my Coins Weight extension. It can calculate weight of different denominations automatically.
    Last edited by bmos; April 8th, 2021 at 20:58.

Can it do that inside a magical coin purse that weighs 1lb but can hold up to 300 pounds of coins? Also, what is the link to the extension?

Can it do that inside a magical coin purse that weighs 1lb but can hold up to 300 pounds of coins? Also, what is the link to the extension?
    My Extraplanar Containers extension can.
    Coins Weight.

Thread Information