5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I am a rather lazy DM, and if truth be told I've also got a rather unmerciful sense of humor

It would be interesting if your extension automatically (for lazy, unmerciful DM's of course) followed the rules on those type of bags...

Specifically: If the bag is overloaded it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane. Placing a bag of holding inside an extradimensional space created by a Handy Haversack, Portable Hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items (don't need the astral plane part as that is not automatable).

Honestly, if I ever get where my players obtain one of these bags in a campaign I would love something like that. Chat message popping up for everyone - BAG OF HOLDING OVERLOADED - DESTROYED. Muhahahhhahahahhahahah (cough). Just following the rules really
    I've toyed with implementing this also, and I have had a couple of thoughts on it.

• Should I trigger the effect, even if the player has not had the item identified, resulting in "instantly destroying both items and opening a gate to the Astral Plane." - with no apparent explanation to the player.
    • "If the bag is overloaded, it is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane" - does this just update the items location in the players inventory to "Astral Plane" or have them deleted from the players inventory, with maybe a chat log of the items that were scattered.

Quote Originally Posted by BloatedNikNak View Post
    I've toyed with implementing this also, and I have had a couple of thoughts on it.

• Should I trigger the effect, even if the player has not had the item identified, resulting in "instantly destroying both items and opening a gate to the Astral Plane." - with no apparent explanation to the player.
    • "If the bag is overloaded, it is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane" - does this just update the items location in the players inventory to "Astral Plane" or have them deleted from the players inventory, with maybe a chat log of the items that were scattered.
    You cannot automate everything for sure - but automating the destruction with a notification as you stated - or maybe something more amusing and not so literal on the rule wording would be fun. For sure a notification would be required as they would notice the bag "rupture" after dropping the item in. As far as what happens to the actual bag contents you can manually delete that or automate it. I'd make any automatic destruction of the bag optional, also the actual deletion of the bag and its contents optional. You'd have to handle any "chance" of finding things in astral plane manually as the DM though - no way around that.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Good day!
    I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
    (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...-Party-Updater)
    Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
    1) The extension version has to show up in the extension’s Tooltips
    2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
    Thank you so much for your consideration in assisting in this awesome add-on!
    Gabe
    Hi Gabe,

Quick update for you, my Additional Storage extension is now active on Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater

Screenshot.jpg

Does it only work for a single item? I am testing with a player that has both a Bag and a Haversack, but the additional storage area is only showing the 500 Maximum for the Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by dondoepke View Post
    Does it only work for a single item? I am testing with a player that has both a Bag and a Haversack, but the additional storage area is only showing the 500 Maximum for the Bag.
    Yes it does only work with the one Storage item

The biggest issue I see with this method is that if you actually have items that are left at some base or something you lose distinction between them and the items in this bag. How have you dealt with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by warderbrad View Post
    The biggest issue I see with this method is that if you actually have items that are left at some base or something you lose distinction between them and the items in this bag. How have you dealt with this issue?
    How do you deal with this issue when you do not have the extension?

I have not found a solution. It is why I was looking for an extension or some other way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by warderbrad View Post
    I have not found a solution. It is why I was looking for an extension or some other way to handle it.
    What do you mean by "left at some base".

Is that to mean, for example, if your character has a home, and you were to leave some items there?

Thread Information