STAR TREK 2d20
Page 94 of 109 First ... 44849293949596104 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    I coded the script for your specific use in an earlier post. If you try to get a value using that method and it doesn't exist you will always get an error. Take some time to read what onFilter does in the wiki. If you can try to understand it it will make more sense to you . In RSW make sure you have no other scripts linked to the windowlist. RSW will often times ignore any script you put in the window that pops up below the control you are using.
    Bayne, I totally missed your post from May 19th, 2023, 10:51. Not sure why, but I didn't see it. Took your script from that post and after a few tweaks, it worked just fine. So my many thanks. On to the next hurdle...

I keep getting these errors in the chat log. I am sure its something in my code. Doesn't break anything (yet) but would like to know what its referring to:

[5/21/2023 10:13:47 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (item.id-00018.type)
    [5/21/2023 10:15:12 PM] [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (DATABASENODE) (item.id-00019.type)

Blog Entries
    Its not breaking anything because the application is catching the loop and terminating it. It should be fixed.

You have some setup where when field A changes you are updating field B and when field B changes you are updating field A and this creates a never ending loop.
    Its somewhere on your Items.

Is it possible to create permanent links on the CS to item cards? For example, I have skills listed on the CS and I can create data cards in a separate "Skills" sidebar that provide the descriptions for the skill. (See image.)
    Capture.PNG

The player can drag these cards from the sidebar to their CS and the link will be established. However, there are a lot of them and I would like to have the link embedded into the CS. Is this possible and, if so, is there an example somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not breaking anything because the application is catching the loop and terminating it. It should be fixed.

You have some setup where when field A changes you are updating field B and when field B changes you are updating field A and this creates a never ending loop.
    Its somewhere on your Items.
    Ok thanks, I will look at them. There are only a few that I put together real quick for testing and they are missing some data so that might be why its looping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Ok thanks, I will look at them. There are only a few that I put together real quick for testing and they are missing some data so that might be why its looping.
    I dont think its because of data. Its scripting that is causing the loop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Is it possible to create permanent links on the CS to item cards? For example, I have skills listed on the CS and I can create data cards in a separate "Skills" sidebar that provide the descriptions for the skill. (See image.)
    Capture.PNG

The player can drag these cards from the sidebar to their CS and the link will be established. However, there are a lot of them and I would like to have the link embedded into the CS. Is this possible and, if so, is there an example somewhere?
    Well firstly you have to ensure that the objects that it will be linking to will be available. You either have to script their creation in the database within your ruleset or you might script auto loading of the module. Otherwise you may get an error prompting you to load the module when you click the link.

There are examples in the MoreCore Low Fantasy Gaming extension and MoreCore Esoterrorists extensions where it will create the data into the character sheet the first time it loads. It will take a little effort to wrap your head around the pieces involved.

OK, thanks. I'll look at it. Might be a bridge too far. These are certainly projects where mission creep can become a real issue. Self inflicted pain is always the best!

Working on the CT now. I am attempting to get the combat rolls from the NPC sheet onto the CT. I followed Damian's tutorial for the White Lies ruleset. Everything is working and looks as I want it, with one exception. The actual number from the NPC sheet will not show in the box I placed on the CT Attacks window. Everything is there (tooltip, roll manager, etc) except for the actual number itself. (See images.) I get an error stating a nil value for "wpn1aroll" Any idea why this would be happening? In your tutorial you brought a window list onto the attacks window, but I figured the process would be the same for a dice window as it was for the windows copied to the ct_entry.
    CT1.PNG
    ct_entry
    ct2.PNG
    ct_attacks
    ct3.PNG

Thread Information