DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 109 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last

That worked great, thanks.

final.JPG

Is it possible to edit the Combat Tracker header?

That worked great, thanks.

final.JPG

Is it possible to edit the Combat Tracker header?

Blog Entries
    Id lose the part of the frame that sits in the top and bottom because its very hard to align that.
    Make the offset more like
    with the new frame you have used. experiment with those settings but that looks close to right.

the header is called windowtitle or windowtitlebar

Blog Entries
    this is super quick - and the image with transparency Ive only done one side and quickly... id see if something like this gives you better consistency

gbg2.pnggbg1.png

Blog Entries
    Specifically for the combat tracker you might do one that has no scroll/line work on the lhs.
    Frames often go thru multiple iterations before Im happy with them

OK thanks

Is is possible to get a "Label" to display vertically?

I have spend a lot of time today on the Ruleset Wizard to do layout work and for 2h I managed to achieve what probably would take three times longer in .XML, even if I am quite proficient now with eyeballing to pixel level and measuring in Affinity Photo.

There are certain improvements that I believe are must have for the Ruleset wizard to be excellent main tool for development and allow collaboration with people that are not using it and follow SWs guidance. The development guidelines from SW are clear and recommend where certain elements to be placed. They also teach good coding practices and approach used in the commercial rulesets.

I suggest the XML code to be organized according to those recommendations, and not place things into the base.xml. What I mean by that:
    • When new project is created, allow the user to select if they want pre-defined project structure as per SW guidelines. If selected, you will get all folders in the ruleset explorer: campaign/graphics(with sub folders for resources like frames, fonts, icons)/scripts/strings/common(for templates) as minimum. Not all need ct and ps.
    • Place all XML code for frames, fonts, icons into graphics_frames/fonts/icons.xml rather than the base.xml, which is quite messy.
    • Generate strings_<rulesetname>.xml for strings under ./strings root folder instead of XML in the very root of the ruleset
    • Allow users to duplicate class/font/icon/frame elements. For example I needed 4-5 instances of single font, different size and it was too cumbersome to create it from scratch every time. In .XML is 15 seconds to copy it few times and adjust the size.

I have been looking at the explorer and I think that nice enhancement that instructs the program how to arrange the XML code will be if we can nest the windowclass/frame/icon/font under object that represent the .xml file and the application will be putting the relevant code in the same file.

This will really improve the layout and the way how a project is structured on compilation.
    Last edited by Valyar; February 13th, 2022 at 09:53.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information